Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Rear Camber Clarity

Old 04-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Rear Camber Clarity

My 2005 SRT6 sat for 9 of its 13years (7000 miles presently). This appears to have caused the rear camber to be out of tolerance.
I have read about the arms leaving me several questions I need clarity on (no experience with suspensions).
I do not want to lower the car. I love the look of the car as is.

1) If I go with the aftermarket adjustable arms this will rub on other componets unless I lower the car?
2) If i go OEM arms will this bring the camber back into tolerance?
3) I see a set of custom fabricated arms for sale on the forum ( made for a MB). It looks like the center cut out would be for a wrench for adjusting or is this a cut for adjusting and to eliminate where the
rub point would be?
4) If OEM will not bring camber into tolerance is the bushing kit from Needswings my only option?
5) Is the camber arm the only component I should be replacing?

Thanks for any and all input.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Rear Camber Clarity

Originally Posted by Wadsworth
My 2005 SRT6 sat for 9 of its 13years (7000 miles presently). This appears to have caused the rear camber to be out of tolerance.
I have read about the arms leaving me several questions I need clarity on (no experience with suspensions).
I do not want to lower the car. I love the look of the car as is.

1) If I go with the aftermarket adjustable arms this will rub on other componets unless I lower the car?
2) If i go OEM arms will this bring the camber back into tolerance?
3) I see a set of custom fabricated arms for sale on the forum ( made for a MB). It looks like the center cut out would be for a wrench for adjusting or is this a cut for adjusting and to eliminate where the
rub point would be?
4) If OEM will not bring camber into tolerance is the bushing kit from Needswings my only option?
5) Is the camber arm the only component I should be replacing?

Thanks for any and all input.
I guess the car was not on blocks, so my guess is that the springs have got shorter due to the constant compression.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: Rear Camber Clarity

I put adjustable camber arms on mine several years ago and the tires are back to wearing evenly. There is a current thread about this subject.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...brication.html

I like these rear arms from F1 for two reasons. First, the ends are offset for more clearance of the sway bar. Second, the ends are made with rubber bushings. The metal to metal ball ends will eventually give you noise that you have to continue to lubricate.

Here are some pics when I replaced mine. The originals were 11.75" center to center. I adjusted the new ones to 12.0" and it seems to work perfect for me.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/g/album/4838229

James

Last edited by James1549; 04-27-2018 at 07:51 PM.