Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Does Alarm Siren Also Control Flashing Lights?

Old 05-12-2018, 03:31 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Does Alarm Siren Also Control Flashing Lights?

Hi,

Putting my question here up front:
Will disconnecting or replacing the alarm siren also eliminate the flashing lights?
For the past few weeks my Xfire's lights have occasionally started to flash some time after the car has been turned off and locked in front of my house. I have been able to use the key to reset that situation.

Now the alarm siren has also started to randomly go off, but without flashing lights. Key has also worked to turn off alarm, though tonight there was one instance where it didn't immediately reset the alarm. After three siren soundings tonight my temporary solution was to disconnect the battery's ground cable.

I've just spent the last hour reading the multitude of threads on this topic and am prepared to temporarily disable the alarm siren, while deciding whether to spend $150 for a new siren. (Or possibly replacing its battery/batteries.)

However, I'd really like to know whether the board in the siren module also controls the flashing lights.

FWIW Car is in California where it's been dry for many weeks, so I doubt that there's a water problem.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2018, 07:17 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Does Alarm Siren Also Control Flashing Lights?

The alarm does NOT control the lights.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By the siren going off ,it is triggering the lights to flash as well. Its another action of the security system. Disconnect the siren an the lights will still go off. If its not a bad CLP/SSB , it should pose no problem an show the system is being armed.

Old 05-14-2018, 02:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the replies.

I successfully removed the alarm siren using the detailed instructions found in Factory Alarm Chirp Solved Read 4, Post 253613 by NJCrossfire05, but you should keep reading later posts, as there are corrections and tips in subsequent ones.

Last edited by BobG; 05-14-2018 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what should i do if my siren dont goes off, but my lights do? They are sucking out the energy of my battery.

Is there no way i can remove the siren and an other part of the alarm module to stop the flashing lights?

Old 11-28-2018, 01:41 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I share my experience.

I decided to remove my siren because of occasional after drive hazard flashing and after testing that the alarm didn't make a sound when triggered, but the hazards did flash. All and all, no flashings after removing the siren a week ago, fingers crossed.

Today I decided to split up the siren to see wether the batteries had leaked and yes, very much so.

Alarm siren splitted open

I have no use for the alarm and actually I prefer not to have one anyway. Just hoping this will resolve the hazard flashing problem once and for all, so it would be a win-win situation.

Last edited by Xtreme; 11-28-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtreme
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I share my experience.

I decided to remove my siren because of occasional after drive hazard flashing and after testing that the alarm didn't make a sound when triggered, but the hazards did flash. All and all, no flashings after removing the siren a week ago, fingers crossed.

Today I decided to split up the siren to see wether the batteries had leaked and yes, very much so.

Alarm siren splitted open

I have no use for the alarm and actually I prefer not to have one anyway. Just hoping this will resolve the hazard flashing problem once and for all, so it would be a win-win situation.
Hi, I would check to see if the pump in the trunk under the mat has water in the well it sits in, you can do so by sliding some paper down the side of the foam block which covers the pump. You seem to be OK but there is no harm in looking for water, it could save you money if the water is low and you repair the leak.
I am always amazed that people from other countries have such an excellent grasp of English, I envy you your ability. Very few Canadian born people speak any other language than English or French. The thinking is why learn another language when others speak it so well and if they do not they should learn it ASAP.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Hi, I would check to see if the pump in the trunk under the mat has water in the well it sits in, you can do so by sliding some paper down the side of the foam block which covers the pump. You seem to be OK but there is no harm in looking for water, it could save you money if the water is low and you repair the leak.
I am always amazed that people from other countries have such an excellent grasp of English, I envy you your ability. Very few Canadian born people speak any other language than English or French. The thinking is why learn another language when others speak it so well and if they do not they should learn it ASAP.
Thanks for your kind words

I was actually planning on pulling the foams and side panels in the trunk someday just to be safe, but the paper method you suggested sounds hell of a lot easier as a cautionary measure. Although I must do it after a drive, cause its winter and all I would find otherwise would be ice