park/fog lights stay on when ign off - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

Troubleshooting & Technical & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Forum Regular

Default park/fog lights stay on when ign off

My battery was dead so I charged it up. Not sure why until I discovered that the park lights and fog lights will not turn off after the key is off. Had this car since 2006 and at 53K miles it seem all sorts of things are going wrong..HELP TIA
Old 06-12-2018, 08:31 AM

Default Re: park/fog lights stay on when ign off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6vert View Post
My battery was dead so I charged it up. Not sure why until I discovered that the park lights and fog lights will not turn off after the key is off. Had this car since 2006 and at 53K miles it seem all sorts of things are going wrong..HELP TIA
They stay on after the car has had its lights on and stay on for a predetermined time, they are controlled by the CLP/SSM module in the trunk on the passenger side well under the carpet. It is likely that there is water in the well that the pump sits in. The water damages the pump, usually beyond repair.

Slide a slip of stiff paper down between the foam and the steel body of the car on the passenger side to see if there is water down there.
They probably have been in the ON condition since you had the car lights on the last time.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular

Yep water in truck. Pulled the pump from under foam and the connections are wet. Open it up damp inside. now what///maybe its dries out////lol
Old 06-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Forum Regular

I have all the other problems also. Top, locks….wow hope this fixes it all. Drying some things out. With that part out no lights staying on. top, locks are of course not working.. read some of your threads. Any clue what my next step should be?