Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Parts list cross reference

Old 06-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Parts list cross reference

Years ago I found a list of XFire parts, listed by brand ie Chrysler and Mercedes Benz plus the part number from the original folks that made it, ie Bosch etc.

Help an ol geezer out - I've hunted all over the site and can't find this. I know its here, but where?

HP

Old 06-26-2018, 01:31 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Re: Parts list cross reference

It is under Miscellaneous in this link.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-repairs.html

Old 06-28-2018, 09:28 AM

Thanks for that link. Sadly, I have already gone over that list many times and cannot find the file I had used previously. The link had a couple of cross references for MoPar and Mercedes parts numbers, but no third party ID of parts.

As an example, the list I found previously had a MoPar and Mercedes part number for the Crank Shaft Position Sensor. It also had the original manufacturer - in this case Bosch, and the Bosch part number. Saved me quite a few coin on that one part. Suprisingly, the MB part was cheaper than the MoPar listing and of course Bosch was 1/3 the price of MoPar.

Is the document I'm looking for on your link somewhere and I just can't find it or is it gone?

Cheers
Henry

Old 06-28-2018, 11:11 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by HPMotors1
Thanks for that link. Sadly, I have already gone over that list many times and cannot find the file I had used previously. The link had a couple of cross references for MoPar and Mercedes parts numbers, but no third party ID of parts.

As an example, the list I found previously had a MoPar and Mercedes part number for the Crank Shaft Position Sensor. It also had the original manufacturer - in this case Bosch, and the Bosch part number. Saved me quite a few coin on that one part. Suprisingly, the MB part was cheaper than the MoPar listing and of course Bosch was 1/3 the price of MoPar.

Is the document I'm looking for on your link somewhere and I just can't find it or is it gone?

Cheers
Henry
The Mercedes part is always cheaper than the Chrysler part because Chrysler buys the part from Mercedes and marks the price up big time. The part maker can sell it cheaper because Mercedes marks the part up.
The only list that comes to mind is the thread started by Valk with part numbers sent to him by members, it is a series of posts.
There are lists of part numbers and electronic parts lists of Mercedes parts in the highlighted link below in this post.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:08 PM

I would add to your sound reasoning the fact that MB may be slightly annoyed at Chrysler for the Billions they lost in the merger debacle and are either sticking it to them just out of spite - after all it does say "Chrysler" on the car and not everyone knows it is a stealth MB.