Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Multiple Power Issues

Old 07-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Power Issues

Hello everyone! I recently purchased my first Crossfire. That is the good news. The bad news is I purchased it from a salvage auction. The car was flooded while parked. I know it is a big risk but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. A little about the car and it's issues. It is a 2006 Crossfire Convertible, automatic, with 23K original miles. The car is pretty much immaculate. Whoever owned it obviously put much love into this car. The car still runs and drives really well. The issues I am having are all electrical. Go figure!!! I DO NOT have power to my stereo, my blower motor doesn't work, and my power seats don't work. On the other hand. My windows do work, my power locks work, and all other components seem to be functioning. Can anyone point me in a good direction? The car is so nice. I do feel like it is worth bringing it back to life. My level of automotive knowledge is pretty high so I should be able to follow anyone's direction. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: Multiple Power Issues

Originally Posted by deerdude72
Hello everyone! I recently purchased my first Crossfire. That is the good news. The bad news is I purchased it from a salvage auction. The car was flooded while parked. I know it is a big risk but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. A little about the car and it's issues. It is a 2006 Crossfire Convertible, automatic, with 23K original miles. The car is pretty much immaculate. Whoever owned it obviously put much love into this car. The car still runs and drives really well. The issues I am having are all electrical. Go figure!!! I DO NOT have power to my stereo, my blower motor doesn't work, and my power seats don't work. On the other hand. My windows do work, my power locks work, and all other components seem to be functioning. Can anyone point me in a good direction? The car is so nice. I do feel like it is worth bringing it back to life. My level of automotive knowledge is pretty high so I should be able to follow anyone's direction. Thanks in advance!
Welcome.
How high did the water rise up to that will give a clue to the problem areas.
Did you look into the wells in the trunk under the mat to see if there is water in them. They have foam in them and if there is any water it may cause trouble if it gets splashed into the security pump.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Administrator
Received 877 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by deerdude72
The car was flooded while parked.
Oh, here we go again. You have water damaged circuit boards and corroded connectors possibly ANYWHERE in the vehicle. You are fortunate it runs at all.

I am VERY surprised that the locks work, the pump/controller usually is the first to get wet. Exactly what part or parts of the car were under water? Have you pulled carpet and trim to determine how high the water rose and perhaps if only one END of the car was under water?

Seats, radio and blower not working but everything else IS working? Does not really sound like a flooded car to me. Was it rained on with the top down (that is, a convertible caught in the rain?) cause that is what it sounds like. SO far, that is.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 99% sure it was flooded from the ground up and not rain. I have removed the electrical panel under the passengers carpet that holds the amp and other components. I have removed my center console between the seats, the stereo, and the array of buttons and switches that go along with it. I want to remove the seats and carpet completely but unfortunately with the power seats not functioning. I can not get to the bolts to remove them.The car has a water line mark made by the auction of about 8 inches up on the door. I don't know for sure but it doesn't show any stains on the inside any higher than the bottom of the seats. I feel for sure the amp is toast and probably the other components that attach to the panel under the carpet. I haven't noticed any water in the trunk. I will add that the rear wing still functions with the button on the center console. Thanks for the reply gentlemen!