Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

cps

Old 07-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: cps

I have edited posts a minute later and they say they epwere edited even when I gave no reason. PGs post was edited after others had commented and no edit was noted.
I often do not give a reason, spelling, BS answer originally etc and still it says edited. You have a short period of grace before the edited notation is added. The
PGs post mentioned two CPS and only one was viewable later.
There was nothing wrong in the post and I wondered why it had been changed, it made my post and others posts seem wrong.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:53 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I have edited posts a minute later and they say they epwere edited even when I gave no reason. PGs post was edited after others had commented and no edit was noted.
I often do not give a reason, spelling, BS answer originally etc and still it says edited. You have a short period of grace before the edited notation is added. The
PGs post mentioned two CPS and only one was viewable later.
There was nothing wrong in the post and I wondered why it had been changed, it made my post and others posts seem wrong.
I just edited post 3. It tagged it as edited.
SO, I guess you can edit a post without it being tagged as edited but only for a short time after you post. I wonder how long that "short time" is?

I know Gary made me a mod but I'm only a mod in the "Events" area - I wonder if my auto-tag is different from other posters cause I'm a mod.

Did I have another link in one of my posts that is not there now?

Old 07-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 455 Likes on 321 Posts

I think you can edit a post within a few minutes and only for a few seconds without it being tagged as edited

After that it will show edited as my post #19 does now after i just added to it at 5:41 and now it is tagged
Admins and moderators posts are no different than any one elses as far as tags for editing

Now back to the discussion of CPS........

Old 07-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: cps

To all, I might be the cause and the person in question. I tried to edit posts because I goofed, but the edit disappeared and I didn't know what t do. I didn't fill out the reason, is that required ? I am not familiar with forums, but learning. I have a hack of a time navigating, for the reason of lack of use. Sorry if I caused any problems. You guys have been very helpful to me and I appreciate it. This is why I call myself "littledummy" ectually a big dummy!

Old 07-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 455 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by littledummy
To all, I might be the cause and the person in question. I tried to edit posts because I goofed, but the edit disappeared and I didn't know what t do. I didn't fill out the reason, is that required ? I am not familiar with forums, but learning. I have a hack of a time navigating, for the reason of lack of use. Sorry if I caused any problems. You guys have been very helpful to me and I appreciate it. This is why I call myself "littledummy" ectually a big dummy!

No worries.....no reason is required to be stated when editing a thread either

Many here do this editing after they post and then think of something to add minutes later after their post is submitted or they see a spelling error or something else maybe.
There is a tab right next to "submit reply" to "preview post"
You can see how your post will appear there first before submitting it

Old 07-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk
No worries.....no reason is required to be stated when editing a thread either

Many here do this editing after they post and then think of something to add minutes later after their post is submitted or they see a spelling error or something else maybe.
There is a tab right next to "submit reply" to "preview post"
You can see how your post will appear there first before submitting it
The photo of your car looks like it is in a hillbilly drive thro’ car wash.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok! It's not the $28, but I need it! I was confused, but if you look at the link pizzaguy posted for ordering from fcp-euro they have two different numbers. One with mercedez-bosch and below another part # just bosch -same numbers I had, but it shows both numbers to be the same part (grey). I guess Amazon needs to get their act together!! I ordered one yesterday and could not cancel it as it arrives tuesday. Lets see what happens. Live and learn! Thank you very much for the info and appreciate your help. that I need.
So what happened when you got the amazon Bosch crankshaft position sensor and installed it? All is well?

Last edited by KeithTexas; 07-11-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:57 PM

Sometimes I think as we get older, we go back to childish ways. We tend to get more argumentative and try to press our point forward. Most of the time you guys give excellent information, directions and pictorials. Pizzaguy, 180 and Ala_xfire are the 1st to give advice. And to you 3 I tilt my hat, for your knowledge and deduction to the forum. But children we have to play nicely.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by KeithTexas
So what happened when you got the amazon Bosch crankshaft position sensor and installed it? All is well?
it works great! It was a challange to get the bolt out, but all is well. Thanks

Old 07-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

it works great! It was a challange to get the bolt out, but all is well. Thanks
Great!

I ordered two of them from amazon after your post. Yes, a little tricky to get the bolt out and I still have a blister on my middle finger from pressing down on the clip to release the wire plug...but car is running great and I've got a backup.