Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Dash lights and shifting

Old 07-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash lights and shifting

Bought the coupe, runs good , however when starting up all the light in the dash turn on, and when I put it in gear, it shifts very hard , when I go it appears to not shift by itself, I took it to a mechanic run diagnostics, and it resets, I turn off switch numerous of times, and it's back to normal.. does anyone know what causes that? ? Spoiler goes up and down as well?? If someone could give me an idea that would be great. . BTW mechanic, couldn't tell me cause he would have to have it there for a dew days .. Salomon

Old 07-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Dash lights and shifting

replace the RCM better than that remove it send it to tighed1 with 30 dollars and when u get it back it will be better than a new one because with a new one it will go bad within 2 years anyway

Old 07-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
replace the RCM better than that remove it send it to tighed1 with 30 dollars and when u get it back it will be better than a new one because with a new one it will go bad within 2 years anyway
Failure of a new one would not do the Mercedes brand reputation much good. They should have learnt by now what the solution was, I have not had a failure on my RCMs and I have had a Crossfire for close to twelve years now, not many miles though.
I would not hesitate to use a brand new one. The only thing that would deter me is the price, the cheapest are about $130 each as I recall. I carry a spare, in fact what was my spare is now in the car as I decided to see if it worked OK.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Salo
Bought the coupe, runs good , however when starting up all the light in the dash turn on, and when I put it in gear, it shifts very hard , when I go it appears to not shift by itself, I took it to a mechanic run diagnostics, and it resets, I turn off switch numerous of times, and it's back to normal.. does anyone know what causes that? ? Spoiler goes up and down as well?? If someone could give me an idea that would be great. . BTW mechanic, couldn't tell me cause he would have to have it there for a dew days .. Salomon
For a start the battery causes the spoiler to act up if it is failing or a bad connection comes from the battery.
When you start the car all the dash lights come on, this is a test to see they work correctly, they should then all go off. If one or more stay on that shows you of a fault in their system. Maybe that is not what you meant but your description needs clarification, like what resets?