Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

AC Evaporator Drains

Old 07-19-2018, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Evaporator Drains

Hi,
I am a new 2004 Crossfire owner. The AC works great but I never see any water under the car after driving with the AC on. Can I get to the drain or drains under the dash to see if they are blocked? I would like to blow air through them if possible. I looked through the maintenance manual and I didn't see any information on the drains. I don't want the evaporator water to drain inside the car and rust the floors or ruin the carpet. I would appreciate any technical help on checking the evaporator drains. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:35 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: AC Evaporator Drains

Forget the floors and carpet - if the cowl drains plug, water backs up and flows thru the blower, then thru the heater core and evaporator - then trickles down on the amp for the audio system.

So, no, you don't want water backing up in the climate control system. But honestly, I have no idea where that drain is - but I think it's in the passenger side front wheel well - or darn close to it. Get the car on a lift or ramps and find it! I just don't know if you can 'snake' it and clean it or not.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: AC Evaporator Drains

Comes out , passenger side firewall.. Use small burst of air or something with smooth edges to snake it out , so you dont rip thru the tubing...