Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Help me with oil leak

Old 08-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Help me with oil leak

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
My first Red Roadster was an auto - and agreed Dave, if I own another automatic, it will be an SRT.
You know you will, you were sorely tempted before.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I wanted to follow up this thread with my results. I printed out the service bulletin and took it to a local transmission shop. Talked to the guy behind the counter who was a Mercedes-Benz owner. He knew what part I was talking about. I showed him the service bulletin and talked to him about this being the most likely culprit of the leak. Got the car in the shop a couple days later and they found the leak coming right where you all thought it would be. They replaced the electrical connection socket part and I then had them replace the fluid as well. They charged me $41 for the part then labor and "shop essentials". Ended up being right about $100 to fix the leak problem (extra for the fluid change) so I don't feel too bad. I didn't have a safe way to get it up in the air to do the fix myself. It's done, and it doesn't leak any more plus I now know that the transmission is in good shape.
Thank you all for the help on this!

Old 08-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Good deal ! So, you are no longer grumpy ?

Old 08-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Good deal ! So, you are no longer grumpy ?
lol...guess I didn’t think that name through.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:58 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by just grumpy
I wanted to follow up this thread with my results. I printed out the service bulletin and took it to a local transmission shop. Talked to the guy behind the counter who was a Mercedes-Benz owner. He knew what part I was talking about. I showed him the service bulletin and talked to him about this being the most likely culprit of the leak. Got the car in the shop a couple days later and they found the leak coming right where you all thought it would be. They replaced the electrical connection socket part and I then had them replace the fluid as well. They charged me $41 for the part then labor and "shop essentials". Ended up being right about $100 to fix the leak problem (extra for the fluid change) so I don't feel too bad. I didn't have a safe way to get it up in the air to do the fix myself. It's done, and it doesn't leak any more plus I now know that the transmission is in good shape.

You owe it to us all to name that shop. ANy owner within 100 miles of you should consider seeing those guys for any similar issue.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
You owe it to us all to name that shop. ANy owner within 100 miles of you should consider seeing those guys for any similar issue.
Sure, I would be happy to do so as I was happy with the service and would recommend them to anyone. I went to Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission located on SR 38 E. In Lafayette Indiana.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:36 PM
Administrator

WE've got to start a list of good shops.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom which shop was this if I might ask?

Old 08-29-2018, 02:47 PM
Forum Regular

I went to Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission located on SR 38 E. In Lafayette Indiana.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:18 PM
Administrator

WE've got to make a list of good shops, and put that one on the top of the list.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went to Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission located on SR 38 E. In Lafayette Indiana.
Thanks Tom I'll have to try and remember that. Did you like them already from previous work done or take a stab in the dark?