CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   2005 Crossfire starts and immediately dies (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/78947-2005-crossfire-starts-immediately-dies.html)

Truesy 09-12-2018 10:14 PM

2005 Crossfire starts and immediately dies

Battery OK. Replaced crankshaft position sensor. Replaced fuel filter. Circuit board looks ok. Any ideas??

Valk 09-12-2018 10:53 PM

Re: 2005 Crossfire starts and immediately dies

Car stalls out twice then on the 3rd attempt, nothing?
This video will show you how to replace and what the actual symptom of a failed SKREEM (Sentry Key Remote Module) on a Crossfire.
No special tool required and takes about 30-60 min at most.
Be advised this part should be purchased and kept in the trunk of your car in case it does fail and you are far away from home like it happened to me.
Dealership will charge you over $1000 to replaced this module, however you can buy one for about $250.00 for your car from already programed
(VIN specific to your car) from NeedsWings Performance Products

tighed1 09-13-2018 07:33 AM

"Circuit board looks ok." Are you talking about the relay control module?
Do you have constant fuel pressure?

onehundred80 09-13-2018 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Truesy (Post 912074)
Battery OK. Replaced crankshaft position sensor. Replaced fuel filter. Circuit board looks ok. Any ideas??

Someone had the same problem the other day, it was their MAF at fault.
See the post by colink on 9-11-2018.

Tom3120 09-13-2018 08:29 PM

Valk, very good video. I have read of this repair but honestly thought that if it happened to me I would have to have it done by someone else but your video was very straight forward and clear. The video work was very good showing good detail and I'm confident that should I ever need to replaced mine I'm sure I could do it myself. Thank you for taking the time to do the video.

Valk 09-13-2018 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by just grumpy
Valk, very good video. I have read of this repair but honestly thought that if it happened to me I would have to have it done by someone else but your video was very straight forward and clear. The video work was very good showing good detail and I'm confident that should I ever need to replaced mine I'm sure I could do it myself. Thank you for taking the time to do the video.

The video was done by Paul in Canada
His screen name here is "Big Daddy"

KDW4Him 09-15-2018 01:58 PM

Get it fixed?

Phil 09-25-2018 11:04 AM

Awesome video! Great job.

onehundred80 09-25-2018 12:14 PM

I have one idea, how about answering the guys who your request? It has been almost two weeks since you posted.

Truesy 10-04-2018 10:38 PM

Thank you Valk. This was the problem and SKREEM replacement did the trick.

However I went to NeedsWings website today to order replacement key. New price list Oct 1. Key was $150 now $700. SKREEM now $700 was $250. What happened in 10 days?
Thanks again for everyone's input. It was invaluable.

onehundred80 10-04-2018 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Truesy (Post 913172)
Thank you Valk. This was the problem and SKREEM replacement did the trick.

However I went to NeedsWings website today to order replacement key. New price list Oct 1. Key was $150 now $700. SKREEM now $700 was $250. What happened in 10 days?
Thanks again for everyone's input. It was invaluable.

Imvaluable? I'd say down right expensive at $700.
This rip off has to be avoided by fixing the old ones. My relay for the seat power control just needed a 10 cent part to fix. It is probable that the SKREEMs fail because of a simple electronic parts failure.
I purchased two SKREEMS very cheaply in the hope that they could be fixed at some future time. That means I have four SKREEM modules two that work and two that may but not for my car. I could be sitting a some good money one day.