Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Code 0410 discoveries

Old 10-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Code 0410 discoveries

Gentlemen - I just got my new Innova 3100j code scanner because I had a check engine light. Hooked it up and got the code 0410, secondary engine air pump. Looked this all up in my shop manuals (Chrysler manuals). So then I started checking various suggestions in the manual. I found that the nearly "clear" vacum line from the switch, to the line to the two canisters, was disconnected. This is the very small, nearly clear plastic line with the small opening for vacum. I hope I'm making sense with my description. I plugged the line into its proper place and all seems well. I started the car and no CEL came on. I did notice that the exhaust gas at the rear of the vehicle was very warm, almost hot. When the car warmed up to normal operating temperature, the exhaust gases were much cooler. I am assuming that is the way this is supposed to work in order to heat up the catallitic converters. Correct me if I'm wrong. Tomorrow I'm going to drive the car about 50 miles and see if the CEL comes back on.

Am I in the right ballpark with what I've done? I can't imagine how that small plastic vacum line could have come off. Could this one line have caused my CEL?

Any input is welcomed, and please excuse my spelling. It's getting as bad as my memory.

Jim Holian
jpmlholian@aol.com