Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

***RCM issues ?? HELP !

Old 10-11-2018, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***RCM issues ?? HELP !

So I’ve already started another thread but I’m makin another as my issues grow worse and I’m in seek of potential immediate solutions. I’ll quote this with the original thread post that’ll describe my initial issues.

So on top of the Christmas lights on my dash that being the brake wear indicator, BAS ESP (traction control), hand brake light, ABS are all on And my spoiler is stuck sticking out I have no control over it.

now to add to that my alternator is on the fritz.. one day it works and the next day it doesn’t.. took it to auto zone twice one time they claim the voltage regulator within the alternator was bad took it to a different one a day when it was working and they said it passed perfectly fine and the same thing happened after taking it to a local shop.

I took it the shop initially to have a continuity test to make sure it was no significant voltage drop between any of the charging system components and inside the car. they also gave me an extensive list of electrical issues with my car.. some I agree with others not so much. If anyone is interested and seeing the codes and possibly helping me unwrap this mystery

they claim they can fix this issue with a price starting at $500 and wouldn’t exceed $1200. I can purchase some of the pieces which I think would be needed to fix some these issues but I’m not sure if they’re causing the issue.. such as the speed sensors for all 4 wheels (have the manual trans) and new abs/cab sensors for it all and possibly a rcm for roughly $300-$350 for it all

Old 10-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Default Re: ***RCM issues ?? HELP !

Originally Posted by Space coupe
So I’ve already started another thread but I’m makin another as my issues grow worse and I’m in seek of potential immediate solutions. I’ll quote this with the original thread post that’ll describe my initial issues.

So on top of the Christmas lights on my dash that being the brake wear indicator, BAS ESP (traction control), hand brake light, ABS are all on And my spoiler is stuck sticking out I have no control over it.

now to add to that my alternator is on the fritz.. one day it works and the next day it doesn’t.. took it to auto zone twice one time they claim the voltage regulator within the alternator was bad took it to a different one a day when it was working and they said it passed perfectly fine and the same thing happened after taking it to a local shop.

I took it the shop initially to have a continuity test to make sure it was no significant voltage drop between any of the charging system components and inside the car. they also gave me an extensive list of electrical issues with my car.. some I agree with others not so much. If anyone is interested and seeing the codes and possibly helping me unwrap this mystery

they claim they can fix this issue with a price starting at $500 and wouldn’t exceed $1200. I can purchase some of the pieces which I think would be needed to fix some these issues but I’m not sure if they’re causing the issue.. such as the speed sensors for all 4 wheels (have the manual trans) and new abs/cab sensors for it all and possibly a rcm for roughly $300-$350 for it all
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...light-all.html

Old 10-11-2018, 05:56 PM

does this appear to need a soldering job ? The 3 traction control relay pins at the top left hand corner

Old 10-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Not to my eye, but you really need to look at it with a powerful magnifying glass.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The right pin of the right connection looks like it's starting to show signs. It's out just do it!

Old 10-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Symptoms point to a bad traction control relay. Manually close the relay, then start the car. If symptoms go away BINGO!
Contact me for repair if it is the relay.
tighed1@hotmail.com

Old 10-14-2018, 12:13 AM

Which relay exactly is the traction control relay because the inner 3 relays all close fine when the car is started up ?

Old 10-14-2018, 09:00 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts