Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Holy keytastrophe batman

Old 10-14-2018, 10:12 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy keytastrophe batman

Someone messaged me on Facebook messenger and asked if I could make crossfire keys. I said no, no one can, call needswings that are about $150. She said they went up. Y'all probably know by now but I looked and they are like $675.

Years ago I made a "regular" key with no transponder to work the doors just in case. When I heard they were so expensive now I held up my good programmed key to the security ring and turned my "regular" non transponder key and it cranked right up. I'm thinking of coming up with a plan to get new shells from eBay and putting the transponder on the back side of the security ring and cutting standard keys. The standard blank is a hu64p if you want to look it up. I can cut those all day for about $3 or so.

You think there may be a need to offer cutting regular keys and supplying new eBay shells so people can take their chip and attach inside the ring and use regular inexpensive keys? How does the security ring attach. Does it just snap in the hole or do you have to go up in the dash to release it somehow?

Old 10-15-2018, 12:07 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Holy keytastrophe batman

Originally Posted by Travish
Someone messaged me on Facebook messenger and asked if I could make crossfire keys. I said no, no one can, call needswings that are about $150. She said they went up. Y'all probably know by now but I looked and they are like $675.

Years ago I made a "regular" key with no transponder to work the doors just in case. When I heard they were so expensive now I held up my good programmed key to the security ring and turned my "regular" non transponder key and it cranked right up. I'm thinking of coming up with a plan to get new shells from eBay and putting the transponder on the back side of the security ring and cutting standard keys. The standard blank is a hu64p if you want to look it up. I can cut those all day for about $3 or so.

You think there may be a need to offer cutting regular keys and supplying new eBay shells so people can take their chip and attach inside the ring and use regular inexpensive keys? How does the security ring attach. Does it just snap in the hole or do you have to go up in the dash to release it somehow?
Go here CLICK and see paragraph #9.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong 180 but can't you live without the electronics in the key fob as long as you are willing to manually lock and unlock the doors? This of course as long as the rf chip is still in the defective key fob.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can manually unlock the doors but to start the car you have to have the programmed transponder. What I'm suggesting is to remove the transponder from a good working key and attaching inside the receiver ring and being able to cut normal, regular keys and being able to start the car. When you take apart the good key you can move the lock/unlock circuit board into a new shell and use that key to still be able to use your lock buttons, still steady the car because the chip attached to the ring will still read and being able to use "regular" non chipped keys to also work. With new keys being $675 this seems a good work around. Definitely cheaper than trying to break the code on the electronics. Doing it this way you would have $8 in the new shell and about $8 in two regular blanks for a total of 3 working keys.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
Correct me if I'm wrong 180 but can't you live without the electronics in the key fob as long as you are willing to manually lock and unlock the doors? This of course as long as the rf chip is still in the defective key fob.
Yes you can and the use of the chip in the ignition is a good idea, better not let your insurance company find out though because if the car is stolen they could use that as an excuse not to pay you.
Luckily I have two keys snd two SKREEM modules so my car has jumped in value in just a couple of weeks.😎😀

Old 10-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Plus, the issue isn't so much the key as you can always put the ebectronics into a new case but if you need a new screem, they have also gone through the roof.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
Plus, the issue isn't so much the key as you can always put the ebectronics into a new case but if you need a new screem, they have also gone through the roof.
Gome through the roof? Maybe that’s why people are getting new replacement BAS tops.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:33 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

Very FUNNY !!!

Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Yes you can and the use of the chip in the ignition is a good idea, better not let your insurance company find out though because if the car is stolen they could use that as an excuse not to pay you.
Luckily I have two keys snd two SKREEM modules so my car has jumped in value in just a couple of weeks.😎😀
Yes I was just trying to say that this would work if say the chip board in the fob went bad but the fob itself remained intact it really wouldn't be that disastrous. I would be shaky about leaving the RF chip in the car all the time.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze
Yes I was just trying to say that this would work if say the chip board in the fob went bad but the fob itself remained intact it really wouldn't be that disastrous. I would be shaky about leaving the RF chip in the car all the time.
wouldn't bother me leaving the chip in there. Not like you could jam a screwdriver in this style of cylinder to start it, and if someone tried that, then insurance would be replacing everything anyway.