Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

No Alarm Sound

Old 10-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Alarm Sound

Hello Forum!
So yesterday I was able to do the maintenance in the spoiler for my srt-6 roadster. I have found out that my car alarm is not working. When I press the panic button the lights work (they go off intermittently). I am wondering what I should replace in order to get it to work again (I like having the car alarm available, especially if the wife uses the car since it becomes a safety tool).

A few things to mention: 1) My TPMS light is on. 2) It doesn't look like my HomeLink is working as I can't get the car garage door to connect to it. 3) I've found very little amounts of water in the nook where tire pump is stored (driver-side of the trunk).
Should I buy: 1) horn? 2) Security Module? 3) Alarm module? 4) Other?
Thanks for any lead! I am trying to bring my Srt6 back to a new state
Best,
Sergio

Old 10-26-2018, 04:11 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Re: No Alarm Sound

Probably the siren itself. They do go bad over time.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts

I replaced my alarm siren a few months ago
It no longer worked and I had no interest to try to repair it as some have posted in other threads
Today I decided to saw the old one open and inspect the batteries....they looked fine and showed no sign of leakage
Then I removed the siren diaphragm and was surprised to see what it actually looked like
Very thin round disc with the wire not connected to the place where it was soldered
Might have come off when I removed the diaphragm but either way my new replacement siren works great and this one is heading for the landfill now

Old 11-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by cheyoru
Hello Forum!
So yesterday I was able to do the maintenance in the spoiler for my srt-6 roadster. I have found out that my car alarm is not working. When I press the panic button the lights work (they go off intermittently). I am wondering what I should replace in order to get it to work again (I like having the car alarm available, especially if the wife uses the car since it becomes a safety tool).

It doesn't look like my HomeLink is working as I can't get the car garage door to connect to it.
Best,
Sergio
Sometimes people do it wrong, I try to follow these instructions.
CLICK

TPMS light could be just a failed battery in one or more tire semsor.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

WRT the garage door opener:
  • In 2012, garage door opener security adopted a new "rolling code" protocol that is not compatible with previous remotes (like our Crossfire)
  • However, there is a solution - Buy a Homelink Compatibility Bridge for @ $25 sold wherever garage door openers are sold (HomeDepot, Lowes, Ebay, Amazon, etc.)
  • The Bridge will accept the old opener signal and convert it and retransmit it as a rolling code to the opener
  • But, you will lose the added security of the rolling code protection by using a Bridge
    • Evil doers MAY be able to open your garage by randomly selecting old codes with their own remote
    • The risk may be small: after 6 years of new garage opener sales, it is doubtful that thieves will be wasting time with the old technology
Our opener died and was replaced in 2012. I took the risk and installed a bridge when they became available as our vehicles had lost the convenience of having the HomeLinks
Cheers,

Last edited by Chooch; 11-18-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Chooch
WRT the garage door opener:
  • In 2012, garage door opener security adopted a new "rolling code" protocol that is not compatible with previous remotes (like our Crossfire)
  • However, there is a solution - Buy a Homelink Compatibility Bridge for @ $25 sold wherever garage door openers are sold (HomeDepot, Lowes, Ebay, Amazon, etc.)
  • The Bridge will accept the old opener signal and convert it and retransmit it as a rolling code to the opener
  • But, you will lose the added security of the rolling code protection by using a Bridge
    • Evil doers MAY be able to open your garage by randomly selecting old codes with their own remote
    • The risk may be small: after 6 years of new garage opener sales, it is doubtful that thieves will be wasting time with the old technology
Our opener died and was replaced in 2012. I took the risk and installed a bridge when they became available as our vehicles had lost the convenience of having the HomeLinks
Cheers,
I have a new garage door opener and it works fine with the Crossfire, As far as I recall we have had the rolling code in Canada for a long time. There is a different way to set up the opener than that spelled out in the Owners Manual. The method outlined in the book does not work in Canada and I think the Owners Manual states that fact. The correct method is outlined on the Home Link site. My car was made for the US market.
Naturally I could be wrong but the above is how I remember it.

The Bridge seems only to be required on three makes of opener. Chamberlain is mentioned but I have two of them.🤔
I do not require a bridge.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-18-2018 at 01:40 PM.