Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Old 03-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

I came across something that looks like a promising lead in trying to get the cloned keys you guys are working on to function. Been combing around auto locksmith sites and found a reference to a programming method that I'm not sure has been tried yet. It looks like it may be the step that's needed after cloning the chips to finalize programming them to the car. Source. Can somebody confirm if this provides a working solution?

Method:
Add Duplicate Key (Requires two existing keys)
1. Insert one of the two existing keys into the ignition lock and turn to the ON (RUN) position.
2. After the key has been in the ON position for at least five seconds but not more than 15 seconds turnthe lock back to OFF
3. Remove the key and insert the second existing key and turn to the ON position within 15 seconds.
4. A theft alarm light should illuminate after the seconds and a single chime sound will indicate entry into the"Customer Programming Mode."
5. Turn the key to the OFF position within 60 seconds and remove the valid key.
6. Insert a new key and turn it to the ON position.
7. After approximately ten seconds, a single chime will sound and the theft alarm light will stop. Wait fiveseconds and turn the key to the OFF position.
8. The above steps must be repeated for additional keys.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:28 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Does the new RFID chip need to be blank ?

Old 03-10-2019, 10:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks, I will give this a try.

Originally Posted by xodus52
I came across something that looks like a promising lead in trying to get the cloned keys you guys are working on to function. Been combing around auto locksmith sites and found a reference to a programming method that I'm not sure has been tried yet. It looks like it may be the step that's needed after cloning the chips to finalize programming them to the car. Source. Can somebody confirm if this provides a working solution?

Method:
Add Duplicate Key (Requires two existing keys)
1. Insert one of the two existing keys into the ignition lock and turn to the ON (RUN) position.
2. After the key has been in the ON position for at least five seconds but not more than 15 seconds turnthe lock back to OFF
3. Remove the key and insert the second existing key and turn to the ON position within 15 seconds.
4. A theft alarm light should illuminate after the seconds and a single chime sound will indicate entry into the"Customer Programming Mode."
5. Turn the key to the OFF position within 60 seconds and remove the valid key.
6. Insert a new key and turn it to the ON position.
7. After approximately ten seconds, a single chime will sound and the theft alarm light will stop. Wait fiveseconds and turn the key to the OFF position.
8. The above steps must be repeated for additional keys.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks like you need a blank transponder chip, found this:

“CUSTOMER LEARN” MODE This feature is only available on domestic vehicles or those which have a U.S. country code designator. This procedure requires access to at least two valid Sentry Keys. If two valid Sentry Keys are not available, Sentry Key programming will require the use of a DRB III® scan tool.
The steps required to program Sentry Keys with two valid Sentry Keys follows:
  1. Obtain the blank Sentry Key(s) that need to be programmed. Cut the keys to match the ignition lock cylinder mechanical key codes.
  2. Insert one of the two valid Sentry Keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  3. After the ignition switch has been in the ON position for longer than three seconds, but no more than fifteen seconds, cycle the ignition switch back to the OFF position. Replace the first valid Sentry Key in the ignition lock cylinder with the second valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. The second valid Sentry Key must be inserted within 15 seconds of removing the first valid Sentry key.
  4. About ten seconds after the completion of Step 3, the indicator light will start to flash and a single audible chime tone will sound to indicate that the system has entered the "Customer Learn" programming mode.
  5. Within sixty seconds of entering the "Customer Learn" programming mode, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, replace the valid Sentry Key with a blank Sentry Key transponder, and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position.
  6. About ten seconds after the completion of Step 5, a single audible chime tone will sound and the indicator light will stop flashing and stay on solid for three seconds and then turn off to indicate that the blank Sentry Key has been successfully programmed. The SKIS will immediately exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the vehicle may be started using the newly programmed Sentry Key.
These steps must be completed in their entirety for each additional Sentry Key to be programmed. If any of the above steps are not completed in the given sequence, or within the allotted time, the SKIS will exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the programming will be unsuccessful. The SKIS will also automatically exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode if:
  • It sees a non-blank Sentry Key when it should see a blank.
  • If it has already programmed eight (8) valid Sentry Keys.
  • If the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position for more than about fifty (50) seconds.
NOTE: If you attempt to start the vehicle while in “Customer Learn” mode (LED flashing), the vehicle will behave as though an invalid key is being used (i.e. the engine will stall after two (2) seconds of running). No faults will be logged.
NOTE: Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a particular vehicle, it cannot be used on any other vehic

Old 03-11-2019, 05:38 PM

Just tried on my project car. Turned first key on. Chirp after 3 seconds but left in for 6. Changed to second key. After 3 seconds got chirp then nada. No more chirps no flashie. Both originals still work but not new one. Repeated test four times. Since never get flashie I doubt that the new key makes any difference. Just going to have to wait for 2nd order of 7930s gets here (earlier tried 7931 and 7935 but neither worked. 7930s is last chance).

Old 03-12-2019, 03:59 AM
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett
Just tried on my project car. Turned first key on. Chirp after 3 seconds but left in for 6. Changed to second key. After 3 seconds got chirp then nada. No more chirps no flashie. Both originals still work but not new one. Repeated test four times. Since never get flashie I doubt that the new key makes any difference. Just going to have to wait for 2nd order of 7930s gets here (earlier tried 7931 and 7935 but neither worked. 7930s is last chance).
I don't think the XF Keys are cloneable. I have already testet this with a XHorse Key Tool the cloned keys don't work. Also I have read several times, that the transponders have a rolling code system.

I believe that I have found a way to create useful keys. But this is complicated and requires some special tools and soldering skills.
You have to desolder the processor of the Skreem module, read it and with this dump you can create the keys 1-8 with another program.
I already managed to clone the skreem with this method and now wait for my PCF7935 transponders to create a new key.
I'm not sure if the program I have now can read the keys correctly from the skreem dump but I know a program or tool which can do this. Unfortunately this costs about 1300 $

Old 03-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper-666
I don't think the XF Keys are cloneable. I have already testet this with a XHorse Key Tool the cloned keys don't work. Also I have read several times, that the transponders have a rolling code system.

I believe that I have found a way to create useful keys. But this is complicated and requires some special tools and soldering skills.
You have to desolder the processor of the Skreem module, read it and with this dump you can create the keys 1-8 with another program.
I already managed to clone the skreem with this method and now wait for my PCF7935 transponders to create a new key.
I'm not sure if the program I have now can read the keys correctly from the skreem dump but I know a program or tool which can do this. Unfortunately this costs about 1300 $
Anyone that finds the method to clone them has a steady income for sure.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Anyone that finds the method to clone them has a steady income for sure.
I'm not doing this to make money, I'm making all my findings public so anyone can use them.
Furthermore, the effort and the risk of the method I am now pursuing, would be too great for me.
First you would have to send your Skreem module (I live in Germany), then the dangers of desoldering and soldering the processor and the postal way back to the USA.
There are many dangers that something goes wrong. You have to be very desperate (all keys lost) to do this.
And if you would take only 60$ per transponder, after deducting the costs for the new transponder, you would gain about 50$ (if you consider your working time about 1.5 hours as a hobby). That would be 26 transponders you would have to make just to buy the 1300$ for the expensive programmer with software.
I still hope that it works with my current cheaper variant.
Maybe the ordered transponders will come this week.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not doing this to make money, I'm making all my findings public so anyone can use them.
Furthermore, the effort and the risk of the method I am now pursuing, would be too great for me.
First you would have to send your Skreem module (I live in Germany), then the dangers of desoldering and soldering the processor and the postal way back to the USA.
There are many dangers that something goes wrong. You have to be very desperate (all keys lost) to do this.
And if you would take only 60$ per transponder, after deducting the costs for the new transponder, you would gain about 50$ (if you consider your working time about 1.5 hours as a hobby). That would be 26 transponders you would have to make just to buy the 1300$ for the expensive programmer with software.
what am i missing here ? I called a local lockshop they tell me they can order me a keyfob , cut the key and program it to start the car (2005 limited) all for $85. I ordered 1 said it will take up to 2 weeks

Old 03-12-2019, 11:33 AM

To do this someone may have to spend much more money than they would if they purchased a new $600 key from the powers that be. I am sure that they would be glad to get a pair of new valet keys or chips for let us say $100 as after making one, two has to be a snap, no need for the transmitter.
I have two keys, one hardly used and a spare SKREEM which I purchased it prior to the price hike, so I am lucky.
I think the big bucks are in cloning SKREEMs, l have two from other cars purchased for $40 or less some years back in the hope they might be cloneable at some point.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Moore2575
what am i missing here ? I called a local lockshop they tell me they can order me a keyfob , cut the key and program it to start the car (2005 limited) all for $85. I ordered 1 said it will take up to 2 weeks

To do this someone may have to spend much more money than they would if they purchased a new $600 key from the powers that be. I am sure that they would be glad to get a pair of new valet keys or chips for let us say $100 as after making one, two has to be a snap, no need for the transmitter.
I have two keys, one hardly used and a spare SKREEM which I purchased it prior to the price hike, so I am lucky.
I think the big bucks are in cloning SKREEMs, l have two from other cars purchased for $40 or less some years back in the hope they might be cloneable at some point.
@Moore2575
If the key works it is very cheap. Here in Germany I can't find a locksmith who is able to make a key for a Crossfire. Today you are able to by one directly from a Chrysler dealer but first the Chrysler dealers in Germany are dyeing and if Fiat is able to make a key? And second the Key costs 300-400$ with a delivering time of a few month.

@onehundred80
I think your investment in Skreem modules is good. Cloning this modules is definitive able.

The transponders I have ordered arrived for a few hours. The bad news are, my hardware isn't able to write on one of them. I think the China-clone-hardware I have used is crap...
So I'm out for the first time. Maybe our forum can help me to order the expensive hardware, but this is not clear.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Interesting if they can $50 about pays for buying an empty fob on eBay and having it cut. Best ask if that includes the RFID chip.
Have verified that just cloning on a 7931 or 7935 does not work. Had to pay about 50% more for 7930s but should be here next week.
While the RKE bit (circuit board in fob) may use a rolling code, I don't think the RFID part does. I do think it has a checksum that includes the chip identifier so must have the same chip model.
Can see everything with the $35 tool and latest batch of chips (promised 7930s) was also $35.

Chip that works.

Chip that does not work:

Old 03-12-2019, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Moore2575
a
The proofof the pudding is in the eating.
Let us know if this works,if it does you are a hero.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 PM

a
will do but if it works ill only charge everone else $400 for a key

Old 03-13-2019, 04:18 AM

I do think it has a checksum that includes the chip identifier so must have the same chip model.
Maybe the transponder has a serial number and the Skremm stores it the first time you use it.
So that the Skremm and exactly this transponder are ratified?

Old 03-25-2019, 02:37 PM

Have verified that just cloning on a 7931 or 7935 does not work.
Can the Software of the Zed Bull make Transponder from a Key Dump?

Old 03-25-2019, 06:55 PM

a
called and checked on my keyfob today it has came in but they are waiting on the "F" something or other for their new machine to cut the key

Old 04-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Well after great travail and about 50% higher cost, the 7930s arrived. They do not work either.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Received 340 Likes on 300 Posts

Strongest security system I have ever heard of !!!

Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 PM

Agree, way past any need and just makes owner's life difficult/expensive.

Everything I can see is identical so must be something the cloning device cannot read/write/display.

Quick Reply: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)