CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s) (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/79356-lets-discuss-key-fob-transponder-chip-s.html)

RED DOG 12-03-2018 09:58 AM

Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

As you probably know, the cost of getting a new key fob for Crossfires has skyrocketed. Further we are advised that soon they will not be available at all. As you probably also know, there is a little "transponder chip" in the key fob that must be matched to your SKREEM module (or immobilizer) in your car for it to start and run properly. Accordingly, you cannot just simply purchase a new or used key fob from E-Bay (or where ever) install your key blade or a newly cut key blade and have it work to start / run your car. You must also have the correct transponder chip to match your car's electronic anti theft system.

I recently bought several brand new Crossfire key fobs with uncut key blades. These all have a transponder chip inside. Looking at a few of those transponder chips I see that each has three lines of information printed on it.

The first line is: PCF 7930AS This is the same on all of the transponder chips I examined . . .
The second line on the chips is different on the chips I have examined. Examples are: VAUX30 07 and VAUX30 09
The third line on the chips is also different on the chips I have examined. Examples are:DnD4182 and DnD5132

Which information identifies that particular transponder chip? How many different transponder chips might there be??

If anyone has information / knowledge to add here about these transponder chips, please share your expertise here . . .

Jim Holian 12-03-2018 10:58 AM

Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

RED DOG - I do not have a direct answer to your questions, but I recently got involved with the key fob/SKREEM posts on this forum. Bargegeek gave me the name and email address for a company in Canada who does a lot of key work and SKREEM programming. I know that you said your main concern is the key and I thought this company may be able to help you. The company name and email address is the same. Just email Autokeypro.ca and/or look up Autokeypro on the internet.

They were very helpful and quick to reply to my email questions about the SKREEM unit. In hearing from them, I think their main expertise is in key and key fob work.

I hope this will help you and help to resolve your concerns. If you will, let me know how this works for you as I may have the same problem someday.

Good luck,

Jim Holian

James1549 12-03-2018 02:55 PM

I am surprised that any new key that you have cut with a new chip, can't be easily programmed to match the Skreem. Maybe there is and the information has not been released.

Some GMs have a procedure to match a new key to the security system on the car.

James

Shamrock 12-03-2018 03:23 PM

What did you use to read it? Maybe read some active keys and see if there is a pattern or if an active chip can be cloned.

Shamrock 12-03-2018 03:24 PM

Sorry, I misread your post ----- didn't register that you said "printed" My bad.

jafaryj 12-06-2018 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Holian (Post 915723)
RED DOG - I do not have a direct answer to your questions, but I recently got involved with the key fob/SKREEM posts on this forum. Bargegeek gave me the name and email address for a company in Canada who does a lot of key work and SKREEM programming. I know that you said your main concern is the key and I thought this company may be able to help you. The company name and email address is the same. Just email Autokeypro.ca and/or look up Autokeypro on the internet.

They were very helpful and quick to reply to my email questions about the SKREEM unit. In hearing from them, I think their main expertise is in key and key fob work.

I hope this will help you and help to resolve your concerns. If you will, let me know how this works for you as I may have the same problem someday.

Good luck,

Jim Holian

Hi Jim,

Thank you for bringing this community to my attention and it was great talking to you over email. Looking forward to contributing to this forum and learning from it.

Hi RED DOG,

To answer your questions, there are at least 40 different kinds of transponder chips, each make and model and year range has specific Immobilizer systems that require specific transponder chips. Don't ask me to list them as there are many but a google search will give you a good idea.

As for how to identify the different chips, the writings on the ceramic transponder can identify it. Other cases where there are no writings, you require a transponder reader and knowledge to know the type of chips they are.

As for creating new keys via SKREEM module, advanced expertise is required to be able to do that job and we have that in house if ever needed. Cloning/Repairing Computer Modules is also part of our in house services. This is open to the crossfire community.

Cheers

RED DOG 12-06-2018 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by jafaryj (Post 915849)
Hi Jim,

Thank you for bringing this community to my attention and it was great talking to you over email. Looking forward to contributing to this forum and learning from it.

Hi RED DOG,

To answer your questions, there are at least 40 different kinds of transponder chips, each make and model and year range has specific Immobilizer systems that require specific transponder chips. Don't ask me to list them as there are many but a google search will give you a good idea.

As for how to identify the different chips, the writings on the ceramic transponder can identify it. Other cases where there are no writings, you require a transponder reader and knowledge to know the type of chips they are.

As for creating new keys via SKREEM module, advanced expertise is required to be able to do that job and we have that in house if ever needed. Cloning/Repairing Computer Modules is also part of our in house services. This is open to the crossfire community.

Cheers

Excellent information. That's exactly the type of information and expertise I was hoping to be able to find! So, is it possible to buy a second matching transponder chip if we can provide you with the imaging that's on a correct transponder chip? Do you have the ability to re-program a non-matching transponder chip or can that even be done? Thanks again for sharing your expertise . . .

jafaryj 12-06-2018 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 915852)
Excellent information. That's exactly the type of information and expertise I was hoping to be able to find! So, is it possible to buy a second matching transponder chip if we can provide you with the imaging that's on a correct transponder chip? Do you have the ability to re-program a non-matching transponder chip or can that even be done? Thanks again for sharing your expertise . . .

If the second matching transponder chip is VIRGIN/Brand New, then yes, with the SKREEM module and that transponder, they can be programmed for the vehicle to accept it.

CL770 12-07-2018 07:41 PM

Hi

For anyone that wants to experiment with making/duplicating their Crossfire keys. The correct blank chip to use is a PCF7935AA

Like these ones on eBay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10PCS-PC...s/172143666760

You can program them with this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBD2-Min...w0E9:rk:1:pf:0

Have fun!

Padgett 12-07-2018 10:46 PM

I thought there were three elements to a crossfire key fob: Physical key, remote lock/unlock circuit board with battery, and a RFID transponder to make the SKREEM happy.

Had a fob with a broken key & worn buttons, just bought one of the $7 cases with uncut key from eBay, had the key cut to match the valet key and did a mix and match. Now have a fully operational fob with new buttons.

RED DOG 12-08-2018 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Padgett (Post 915940)
I thought there were three elements to a crossfire key fob: Physical key, remote lock/unlock circuit board with battery, and a RFID transponder to make the SKREEM happy.

Had a fob with a broken key & worn buttons, just bought one of the $7 cases with uncut key from eBay, had the key cut to match the valet key and did a mix and match. Now have a fully operational fob with new buttons.

Yes, but you had the RFID transponder chip from your damaged key fob to put into your new Key Fob case. The purpose of this thread is to discuss how to obtain / copy / get a duplicate RFID chip if you have only one working key (so you have one working RFID chip) and need to / want to have a second duplicate working key.

Shamrock 12-08-2018 08:38 AM

Has anyone successfully programmed a chip using the items mentioned in Post #9?

ZERACER 12-08-2018 12:22 PM

If you can, in fact, duplicated the RFID chip with these items, someone could easily recoup their cost by offering this service on the forum for a reasonable price.

Jim Holian 12-08-2018 03:39 PM

ZERACER - I agree with your post. A great opportunity for some younger enthusiasts to make a few bucks and help out a lot of people. Hope someone will do the same with the SKREEM modules.

Jim

CL770 12-08-2018 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jim Holian (Post 915972)
ZERACER - I agree with your post. A great opportunity for some younger enthusiasts to make a few bucks and help out a lot of people. Hope someone will do the same with the SKREEM modules.

Jim

Hi

I think the SKREEM modules can be duplicated as well, I'm going to try and copy one and I'll let you know how it goes. However, as others have said, it would probably be much easier just to repair them as I'm sure its only a simple component failure.

pizzaguy 12-08-2018 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by CL770 (Post 915938)
Hi

For anyone that wants to experiment with making/duplicating their Crossfire keys. The correct blank chip to use is a PCF7935AA

Like these ones on eBay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10PCS-PC...s/172143666760

You can program them with this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/OBD2-Min...w0E9:rk:1:pf:0

Have fun!

Ah yes, another cheap Chinese knock-off. Let's all get in line to paypal money to China KNOWING that nothing unreliable, ineffective or worthless comes out of China.
It would be fun if it worked, but even if it did, our fundamental issue remains: The SKREEM.

onehundred80 12-08-2018 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 915992)
Ah yes, another cheap Chinese knock-off. Let's all get in line to paypal money to China KNOWING that nothing unreliable, ineffective or worthless comes out of China.
It would be fun if it worked, but even if it did, our fundamental issue remains: The SKREEM.

I can remember saying the same about Japan way back, then they started to makings better than the West.
First you copy it and then you improve it so much that the world beats a path to your door to buy it.

bluecoupe 12-09-2018 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 915994)

I can remember saying the same about Japan way back, then they started to makings better than the West.
First you copy it and then you improve it so much that the world beats a path to your door to buy it.

Kaizen (改善) is the Japanese word for "improvement". In business, kaizen refers to activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers.

pizzaguy 12-09-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 915994)

So far, in my industry, (Land mobile radio, formerly known as 'two-way radio'), China has not done that at all. Their products are obviously stolen, copied. We at Kenwood have factories there, the subcontracting factories are selling the boad layout and design to third-rate entities who are duplicating them using cheap parts and shoddy workmanship and offering clones.

IT is bad enough that Kenwood is now building stuff in Singapore, Japan and other countries in an attempt to thwart China's efforts. If you google "Motorola versus Hytera", you can see how far this has gone.

So far, I do not see what you are describing. The cultural and economic differences between Japan and China are, in my view, huge. Perhaps someday, but not now1

pizzaguy 12-09-2018 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe (Post 915997)
Kaizen (改善) is the Japanese word for "improvement". In business, kaizen refers to activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers.

Absolutely. We have posters in the halls at work that refer to the business aspects of "kaizen". They are still weak in the "all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers" aspect of kaizen, but we here in the USA can see a shift in that direction.