Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Strange things after new SKREEM install

Old 12-23-2018, 04:27 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Strange things after new SKREEM install

Originally Posted by Chooch
I provided the link that has the manuals on the 20th.

"You can download the Service Manual from the below link (I referenced the 2004 manual as not knowing your Crossfire year):"
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html
The 2004 Manual is the best to use generally, it has a better index. The 2005 manual does have some later info though for that years NAs and the SRTs. Download them both and keep them safe, the site they are stored on may disappear one day.

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-23-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Chooch..I know and I appreciate that however it doesn't seem correct because it shows a completely different brake switch then mine so I figure it was an SRT service manual or something but the switch looks nothing like mine. Mine looks identical to the 2004 only with 1- 3 prong wire and just in case you are thinking it..Yes, it is definitely 2005...LOL

The only thing I haven't checked /replaced is the CONTROLLER ANTI-LOCK BRAKE on your list which may or may not be beyond my skill level. I just dont know!

Troy

Old 12-23-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by tgodshall2
Hi Chooch..I know and I appreciate that however it doesn't seem correct because it shows a completely different brake switch then mine so I figure it was an SRT service manual or something but the switch looks nothing like mine. Mine looks identical to the 2004 only with 1- 3 prong wire and just in case you are thinking it..Yes, it is definitely 2005...LOL

The only thing I haven't checked /replaced is the CONTROLLER ANTI-LOCK BRAKE on your list which may or may not be beyond my skill level. I just dont know!

Troy
They are both downloaded from the same site, 2004 and 2005.

Old 12-23-2018, 05:27 PM

Hey OneHundred...
Thanks for hopping back on the thread. I'm at a lost and that's why I ordered a genuine 2005 one becasue the one that is listed for 2005 says this: 2005 Crossfire NA & SRT6 (Coupe & Roadster) Service Manual [79.7MB]

I wasn't sure if its for an SRT but whatever it is for, it doesn't appear to match up with what I have. My brake lamp switch matches the 2004 manual perfectly yet Im a 2005...I dont get it?
The 2004 shows 2 wires going to my brake switch yet I only have 1. The 2005 forum manual shows a completely different switch in a different location so I'm just try to get what actually matches my car!

Hope that makes sense!

Troy

Old 12-23-2018, 05:58 PM

Hey OneHundred...
Thanks for hopping back on the thread. I'm at a lost and that's why I ordered a genuine 2005 one becasue the one that is listed for 2005 says this: 2005 Crossfire NA & SRT6 (Coupe & Roadster) Service Manual [79.7MB]

I wasn't sure if its for an SRT but whatever it is for, it doesn't appear to match up with what I have. My brake lamp switch matches the 2004 manual perfectly yet Im a 2005...I dont get it?
The 2004 shows 2 wires going to my brake switch yet I only have 1. The 2005 forum manual shows a completely different switch in a different location so I'm just try to get what actually matches my car!

Hope that makes sense!

Troy
What did you take the car to the dealer for?
Was the ABS light on before or after the dealer played with it?

Old 12-23-2018, 08:36 PM

HI Onehundred
I took it to the dealer because it wouldn't start. They were clueless and it sat there for 6 days. On day 7 I sent the mechanic a link to check the bad solder joints on the RCM. There was no issues before the car stop starting with anything..ever!..He pulled it out, looked at it and said it looked perfect. I towed the car home becasue they said they couldnt help, checked myself and it was perfect. I then started browsing these boards and discovered it might be the SKREEM. Talked to Rob (NeedsWings), verified it was likely the case, ordered one, installed it with a new key ring thing..and everything fired right up. Only now I had no brake lights and the ABS and BAS-ESP are on.

I checked all fuses, replaced brake light switch and relay and still no luck. The dealer didn't touch any of this stuff. I asked Rob if it could be SKREEM related but he said no. That's where I'm at!..I noticed you seem concerned with the dealer but they literally didnt do anything. I know the mechanic personally and verified. He touched nothing but the RCM.
Thanks again and Merry XMAS

Troy

Old 12-23-2018, 11:07 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The Service Manual Troubleshooting Guidance provides voltage and resistance checks to trace where the circuit problems are.
All you need is a basic multimeter.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:35 PM

HI Onehundred
I took it to the dealer because it wouldn't start. They were clueless and it sat there for 6 days. On day 7 I sent the mechanic a link to check the bad solder joints on the RCM. There was no issues before the car stop starting with anything..ever!..He pulled it out, looked at it and said it looked perfect. I towed the car home becasue they said they couldnt help, checked myself and it was perfect. I then started browsing these boards and discovered it might be the SKREEM. Talked to Rob (NeedsWings), verified it was likely the case, ordered one, installed it with a new key ring thing..and everything fired right up. Only now I had no brake lights and the ABS and BAS-ESP are on.

I checked all fuses, replaced brake light switch and relay and still no luck. The dealer didn't touch any of this stuff. I asked Rob if it could be SKREEM related but he said no. That's where I'm at!..I noticed you seem concerned with the dealer but they literally didnt do anything. I know the mechanic personally and verified. He touched nothing but the RCM.
Thanks again and Merry XMAS

Troy
They touched the RCM and that part should be studied again by opening it up and looking at the solenoids and looking at it’s exterior fuses just to be sure it is not the problem.
You have looked at most other parts, this part needs to be studied.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:51 PM

Hi Guys,
I have some new info that might help. I purchased the Zurich ZR11 OBD2 reader to see if my car had any codes and it did, Here they are!..When I ran the overall test this is what showed up!...3 said ignition coil circuit ( you can read them on pics) and then when I tested the ABS since that's where I am having issues it said unable to establish connection. Im new to this so maybe I did things wrong but the connection was the same as it was for the other error so any insight from the group would be great. IF there is something I didnt do but need to , Ill be happy to do it. I'm new to this is its not blatantly obvious!

thanks everyone..
Troy

Old 12-26-2018, 06:22 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm confused why you would be getting cylinder missfire PIDs from the TCM, those are handled by the ECM/PTCM

Old 01-16-2019, 07:48 PM

I am wondering how things turned out for this guy. Do you get it fixed? Can 't you just drive it without brake lights? I,'ll bet the other light came on because you disconnected the battery when installing the skteem. Please reply.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:48 AM

Hi Mdcrossfire...
Thanks for asking but as of now, I just parked the car. I tried everything this group had to offer and nothing worked. Until any new ideas come up, I really dont know what direction to go.

Troy

Old 01-17-2019, 06:44 PM

Is the only thing wrong no brake lights?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM

Yep...why do you ask?
Troy

Old 01-18-2019, 02:45 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep...why do you ask?
Troy

Hi tgodshall2. I've been following your trials and tribulations. You've got to get that Crossfire back to full health! Here in Austin, Tx, we hit 76 deg F yesterday with sunny skies. I know that doesn't help but I just had to mention that.

You mentioned that you have checked the fuses...but sometimes a fuse can be good but the connections behind the fuse are intermittent. Here are some interesting old posts:

This fellow also had abs/bas light on and brake lights off issue:
Back on 08-19-2011, 08:27 AM blackoutken posted: "recently Ive had a problems that comes and goes with my car where it will have the bas/esp light on - but when I hit the brakes it also has the light icon saying I have a light out - found out that when the car is doing this I have no brake lights on the vehicle"
Later, on 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM, he posted: "I had put the brake switch on an still had the same problem . so I googled a lil more and notice one guy had a issue with the fuses . so I check the fuse and it not blow but I pulled the fuse out and put my in and works fine. I think the guy was waying his fuse wasn't always getting current or something . I had to take fuse out and push back a couple times but looks like its the problem is fuse related"
Then on, 04-25-2012, 08:49 AM, he posted "still having the same issue it seems to be fuse related notice some people have issue with brakelight and cruise control so I pulled my fuse out and it works at times if I pull the fuse partly out to the point where it almost out or if I wiggle the fuse it will work at times"
https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...-lights-15599/

It looks like the guy spent 8 months with the problem...and the last I saw, he was wiggling fuses. I can't tell from his posts if he ever solved the issue or not.

Then, this was posted in 2015 by davidf30:
12-18-2015, 05:51 PM "Hey everyone. After going through posts on this forum for 2 hours today I still need help. I bought my 04 crossfire 3 months ago and I had the same problem as many do with the BAS/ESP light coming on as soon as you press the brake pedal and stay on and the bulb out light coming on and off as I hit the brake pedal. Along with this my brake lights not working. I replaced the switch under the brake pedal as recommended and it was fine for several weeks.Then the same thing started happening again. I replaced the fuse for the brake light in the fuse box by the headlight switch. Again this seemed to work as it was working fine for probably a week. Then it started happening again. for a month the problem would occur again and I would simply remove the fuse put it back in and problem gone again for anywhere from 1-3 days.
Now all of a sudden replacing the fuse doesn't do anything and I cannot at least temporarily fix the problem to make my car safe to drive. So I am stuck without brake lights. Any ideas/help would be appreciated Thank You David"

12-26-2015, 11:24 AM "Hi. Finally back on line. Thx for the reply. All the bulbs are fine. Got bas/esp light to go off and brake lights to start working again last night by removing the #2 fuse and putting it back in but not all the way. When fuse is pushed in all the way problem occurs again. I need to check this forum. I think there was somebody who was doing that exact thing and posted about it. Need to see if he posted exactly what he did to fix the problem"

Then onehundred80 finished the thread with:
12-26-2015, 11:46 AM "There was a problem once and it was because the terminals in that fuse panel for a fuse had got bent and the fuse did not fit in it correctly. Check the condition of the fuse box terminal.
The fuse box is actually in the side of the ICM, Illumination Control Module, or in normal language - the light switch."
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ke-lights.html

Hang in there.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:20 PM

Personally, I would not let bad brake lights ground me from using my Crossfire. Hopefully, putting the fuse in half way will make them work.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:31 AM

Thank you KeithTexas...I did read the post about the fuses but I never had any issues with them and after checking mine...they all seem to be fine using a test light and I cannot get them to "not" be fine with all the wiggling in the world. I've been told up and down it has nothing to do with the new SKREEM install but until I put this in, I never had trouble. I'm half tempted to put in the old SKREEM and see if they work but was worried I might cause computer issues and didnt want to try it. I'm just not a wiring guy so Monday it heads to a garage that has a wiring guy and hopefully he can get to the bottom of it.

I can only stand any car for so long when these troubles pile up before it is nothing more then a piece of **** and this car is getting rather close. I'm lucky enough to have other cars to drive that are twice the fun but with it being winter here in Philly, I'm pretty much bound to the SUV..LOL

Thanks again for your help!

Troy

Old 01-19-2019, 01:52 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Am I to understand that your only issue now, is that the brake lights won't work and the ABS light is on?

Or is the ABS light off and you have no brake lights?

Old 01-19-2019, 04:51 PM

Hi Pizza Guy,
Here is where I am as of today for what its worth!
I have no brake lights and the ABS Light and BAS-ESP Light are on. Replaced Brake Switch under pedal, brake relay under dash, and checked all fuses with test light and they all checked out.

thx my friend!

Troy

Old 01-20-2019, 01:39 PM

Wild guess, have you or could you by process of elimination jumper over (temporally hard-wire) each switch or fuse link (individually or in series) to find the "bad" element?

I'd start at the rear brake lights and move forward.

Again, just a guess....

Quick Reply: Strange things after new SKREEM install