Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

ignition

Old 01-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition

hi hope one of you clever guys can help out there, 2004 crossfire, can i replace the ignition tumbler, without having the expence of changing the ignition system, can i get a tumbler on its own or do i have to get a new key with it. is it possible to get a tumbler to match my keys,i am looking for the cheapest way to replace the tumbler, thank you for your help, Baz.

Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Re: ignition

Why do you need to replace your tumbler? If it is stuck, there is a repair on this site. Look up sticky key fix.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

It would help if we knew what it is doing,, as said above sticky key is free you do the work simple

Old 01-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ignition................... thanks for your info but i dont have a xticky key . what happens is when i start the car it turns ove then nothing. it does this 6 or 7 times all the other times its ok with no rear wing deploy. i turn the key back , start again, its ok, i am using my spare key which is like new , also if it doesnt start and i turn the key back and restart it , the car starts up as it should, but also deploys the rear spoiler, cant get my head round it, ive had new battery and starter . my local garage have had it on the diognostic machine and everything is ok, but it aint, so thats why i was wandering if it was the tumbler and if so the cheapest way around it........... any other suggestions from you guys thanks baz

Old 01-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

replace the rcm that is the blood if this car

Old 01-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by barrysmith
ignition................... thanks for your info but i dont have a xticky key . what happens is when i start the car it turns ove then nothing. it does this 6 or 7 times all the other times its ok with no rear wing deploy. i turn the key back , start again, its ok, i am using my spare key which is like new , also if it doesnt start and i turn the key back and restart it , the car starts up as it should, but also deploys the rear spoiler, cant get my head round it, ive had new battery and starter . my local garage have had it on the diognostic machine and everything is ok, but it aint, so thats why i was wandering if it was the tumbler and if so the cheapest way around it........... any other suggestions from you guys thanks baz
Open up the RCM and look for burnt contacts on the ECM relay, do not waste money on a new one yet.
Your description of the six or seven times is confusing. New or old key would not make any difference if both keys were fine, Does it do the same with the old key?