Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Told alarm module needs to be replaced - searching for reset trick used on SLK’s

Old 04-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Told alarm module needs to be replaced - searching for reset trick used on SLK’s

Originally Posted by DualSportDad
sarcasm?
how in the hell is that sarcasm , google is your friend also. IATN also has the same info (can you say its sarcasm on their part also)

Old 04-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Told alarm module needs to be replaced - searching for reset trick used on SLK’s

Originally Posted by Moore2575
how in the hell is that sarcasm , google is your friend also. IATN also has the same info (can you say its sarcasm on their part also)
whoa there chief, lets calm down a bit. i ask cause your previous replies to this thread lead to you thinking a dealership tech (that does not reply on google to diag cars for them) has misdiagnosed this man's problem. between your replies and some others on here if i were the OP and i took the info in this thread for face value i'd remove my car from the shop and go elsewhere, possibly telling the next shop what was said here.

straight up a p2071 code on a crossfire refers to the pcm not getting messages from the skreem module, end of story, i don't care what google says. the correct way to diag that code is by measuring can bus voltages at the pcm.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:22 PM

whoa there chief, lets calm down a bit. i ask cause your previous replies to this thread lead to you thinking a dealership tech (that does not reply on google to diag cars for them) has misdiagnosed this man's problem. between your replies and some others on here if i were the OP and i took the info in this thread for face value i'd remove my car from the shop and go elsewhere, possibly telling the next shop what was said here.

straight up a p2071 code on a crossfire refers to the pcm not getting messages from the skreem module, end of story, i don't care what google says. the correct way to diag that code is by measuring can bus voltages at the pcm.
youre a fine example of why i wouldnt take my vehicle to a dealership for service, someone that would go against IATN lol

Old 04-13-2019, 11:11 PM

youre a fine example of why i wouldnt take my vehicle to a dealership for service, someone that would go against IATN lol
while i see the value of IATN if you're a tech and your way of diagnosing the customer's concern is googling the issue or code then you are doing a huge dis-service to your customer's. they pay a diag fee for you to put your knowledge to work, to use the resources you have at hand and actually diagnose and confirm the issue. to think that something like a search from IATN would trump the manufactures definition for a code is mind boggling to me. to sit here and bash dealerships is amazing, dealerships have way more info than you'll ever find outside of the manufacturer. are you going to find bad techs at dealerships, absolutely, i see them come and go (and sometimes stay) all the time. I'm telling you right now though, I have the information I need to properly diag the car in front of me and iI know how to use that information and apply it. when I come to a conclusion iI know it's because I found the issue based on the info that was afforded to me, i'm not out there charging people to guess or take some stranger on the internet's word.

OP if the tech that is working on your car needs guidance to diag that code, tell him to check bus communication between the pcm and the skreem module. there should be a total of 5 volts (usually around 2.3x on the can - and 2.6x on the can+. good luck getting the car back up and running on the first attempt.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:02 AM

while i see the value of IATN if you're a tech and your way of diagnosing the customer's concern is googling the issue or code then you are doing a huge dis-service to your customer's. they pay a diag fee for you to put your knowledge to work, to use the resources you have at hand and actually diagnose and confirm the issue. to think that something like a search from IATN would trump the manufactures definition for a code is mind boggling to me. to sit here and bash dealerships is amazing, dealerships have way more info than you'll ever find outside of the manufacturer. are you going to find bad techs at dealerships, absolutely, i see them come and go (and sometimes stay) all the time. I'm telling you right now though, I have the information I need to properly diag the car in front of me and iI know how to use that information and apply it. when I come to a conclusion iI know it's because I found the issue based on the info that was afforded to me, i'm not out there charging people to guess or take some stranger on the internet's word.

OP if the tech that is working on your car needs guidance to diag that code, tell him to check bus communication between the pcm and the skreem module. there should be a total of 5 volts (usually around 2.3x on the can - and 2.6x on the can+. good luck getting the car back up and running on the first attempt.
ive posted my finding of the P2071 code where is the post of your finding to back up your meaning ? Once again i really dont know or care as far as that goes , i just posted what ive found on a few different sites, they cant all be wrong. But anyhow id like to see where you got your info from, it might be worth reading.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:16 AM

ive posted my finding of the P2071 code where is the post of your finding to back up your meaning ? Once again i really dont know or care as far as that goes , i just posted what ive found on a few different sites, they cant all be wrong. But anyhow id like to see where you got your info from, it might be worth reading.
my finding for the definition of that code is from the manufacturer. even if i didn't have access to that it's not hard to find... on google: LMGTFY

Old 04-14-2019, 12:50 AM

my finding for the definition of that code is from the manufacturer. even if i didn't have access to that it's not hard to find... on google: LMGTFY
ive been looking cant find anything could you plz post it , im curious now

Old 04-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like this thread got a little crazy. Lol. But totally did what everyone said in this thread and in all the other threads and it still won’t turn over. They are saying $1400 with the diagnostics and for a new PCM module and key fob but no guarantee it will work and if it doesn’t work then a new SKREEM at $2700. So at this point I am giving up. Why? Because I am already up to $500 in car rental costs plus $400 in diagnostics pus I have 4 brand new tires. I just can’t keep doing this. Especially if stuff like this keeps happening. I love my Crossfire but I am getting a new car today and putting my car up on Craigslist to see if I can get anything. Sorry guys. All of your advice was really helpful and has helped me own 2 Crossfire’s and keep them running. You guys are awesome! Sorry I am giving up. I hate giving up.

Old 04-14-2019, 12:56 PM

major bummer, sorry to hear that.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by delighton
Looks like this thread got a little crazy. Lol. But totally did what everyone said in this thread and in all the other threads and it still won’t turn over. They are saying $1400 with the diagnostics and for a new PCM module and key fob but no guarantee it will work and if it doesn’t work then a new SKREEM at $2700. So at this point I am giving up. Why? Because I am already up to $500 in car rental costs plus $400 in diagnostics pus I have 4 brand new tires. I just can’t keep doing this. Especially if stuff like this keeps happening. I love my Crossfire but I am getting a new car today and putting my car up on Craigslist to see if I can get anything. Sorry guys. All of your advice was really helpful and has helped me own 2 Crossfire’s and keep them running. You guys are awesome! Sorry I am giving up. I hate giving up.
im sure youre gonna feel lost without it, i know i would. Are you gonna replace it with another crossfire or going a different route