Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Sticky Key and Steering Wheel Lock

Old 04-13-2019, 07:59 PM
Wdy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sticky Key and Steering Wheel Lock

I am trying the sticky key fix but my key apparently doesn't turn to the 1st position in order to get the tumblers out - the key turns clockwise but maybe not all the way to the first position??? What can I do? After having the car towed apparently due to a cam shaft position sensor failure, the key would no longer turn. It was towed on a flatbed so not sure why that would impact key except that it was probably hooked up by the front axle.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:21 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Sticky Key and Steering Wheel Lock

Originally Posted by Wdy
I am trying the sticky key fix but my key apparently doesn't turn to the 1st position in order to get the tumblers out - the key turns clockwise but maybe not all the way to the first position??? What can I do? After having the car towed apparently due to a cam shaft position sensor failure, the key would no longer turn. It was towed on a flatbed so not sure why that would impact key except that it was probably hooked up by the front axle.
The sticky key fix fully explains what to do in your situation toward the end of the article.