Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Killer Chiller kit installed need help

Old 05-18-2019, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Killer Chiller kit installed need help

Hi
We installed killer chiller kit in my car. More my mechanic. Once installed the unit was in an always on position(solenoid closed). There were two wires left and I was told I could hook a switch up to these wires and then i could turn it off and on. Well the two wires exposed (red and yellow) dont seem to do anything. So for now I drained the freon so it is just working as a heat exchanger(ac compressor was just building more an more pressure). It was installed next to heat exchanger driver side, just the two wires were left exposed. Tride a switch and nothing.

No one out here can figure out how to hook a switch up to the kit to turn it ideally on, off, and neutral. I am having a heck of a time and would greatly appreciate any help someone could offer.

Being kit works how and where can I hook a switch up to the unit to have it turn on, off, and possibly a neutral state . Thank you in advance.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Killer Chiller kit installed need help

I can't help, but have you tried calling Kincaid Performance Inc.? (505) 275-COOL E-mail - killerinfo@killerchiller.com

Old 05-18-2019, 09:52 AM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

unless you are switching water paths with solenoids, the oem heat exchanger should be taken out of the system and the AC compressor should always be running when the car is.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
unless you are switching water paths with solenoids, the oem heat exchanger should be taken out of the system and the AC compressor should always be running when the car is.
Maybe I should be asking this question in smaller groups. With a converted MID wet sleeve engine,it's more or less a 3 season engine. The engine oil is recommended to be at least 60 degrees during start up's or a engine block heater needs to be added. Wouldn't this be an exception for the compressor to run at all times? Squirrel Crusher

Old 05-19-2019, 11:30 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

ok maybe this helps.
remove your heat exchanger. add a tank of at least 3 gal. when installing you can install two elect valves in the freon lines,
that is where the yellow and red wires come in .. with those two valves,you can close off the freon to the cabin ,=all freon to KC making your IAT's in the high 40's on a 90* day open the valve to the cabin and close the valve to the KC and you have AC in the car,, open both valves and you have both working,
first you need to increase the low side to 55 to 60 lbs or both will not work properly ,, also get all the air out of the water side.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
ok maybe this helps.
remove your heat exchanger. add a tank of at least 3 gal. when installing you can install two elect valves in the freon lines,
that is where the yellow and red wires come in .. with those two valves,you can close off the freon to the cabin ,=all freon to KC making your IAT's in the high 40's on a 90* day open the valve to the cabin and close the valve to the KC and you have AC in the car,, open both valves and you have both working,
first you need to increase the low side to 55 to 60 lbs or both will not work properly ,, also get all the air out of the water side.
I am curious if you had the stock Garrett Intercooler in it when you sold it, or had the custom made Accelerated one? I recall talk here on the forum about the hot/cold, hot/cold cycle that the intercooler goes through, and has led to some failures; mostly from bad welds apparently. I would think that the significant temp. differences(thermal accordion effect) that the killer chiller provides, would make this more susceptible? Did you experience an O.E.M. intercooler leak after running the K.C.? BTW, loved the exhaust note from that V-8 beast.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:26 PM

both the black V8 and my now gray V8 have stock intercooler with no pressure on my system leaks are less likely to happen,, both my v8 crossfires have about 70,000 miles each on them .

Old 07-31-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
Ok so we hooked switch up so ac can work in cabin, turn switch off so ac goes to killer chiller kit. While having KC kit running the ac compressor blew freon everywhere and blew compressor up. Kincaid said couldnt be his system and just installed another ac compressor. New ac compressor leaked freon out after driving for 10 minutes. Now back to drawing board hopefully they will warranty this compressor again. Going to try and call Kincaid performance again but any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:37 PM

pm sent call me tomorrow to much for my two finger typing

Old 07-31-2019, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
pm sent call me tomorrow to much for my two finger typing
Will do thank you.