Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Alarm Issues and Locking Issues

Old 06-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Issues and Locking Issues

Our 05 Vert was in the garage with key in the ignition, No one was near the car for a month, Went to move it and the doors were locked, key inside. Towing lock button flashing on console. Had to break into car as cannot find second key. Got into car and alarm was screaming lights flashing. Hit remote and it would not clear. Killed the power on the master switch and put in new batteries in remote. Still will not lock or unlock car. Lights flash but alarm does not go off as i have pulled the fuse on #9. Hooked a scanner to the car and it has a panic button on remote shorted code. Cleared the code and the car is the same. The Towing lock button is still flashing. The car will start but shuts off right away so the alarm must still be activated somehow. Anyone have this happen or any ideas what to try next. Battery is 3 months old and load tested, it is fine. Cables clean. Thanks

Old 06-22-2019, 09:54 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Re: Alarm Issues and Locking Issues

I assume you disconnected the battery cables and let the system clear. Wait about two minutes before reconnection.

Word to the wise, Do not leave the key in the ignition. I believe it becomes active.

I do not know if this works but it is the fist thing I would try on just about any electrical issues with the engine management or security system.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 06-23-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:54 PM

Yes i removed the cables and let it sit overnite, Still the same. Weird thing is the towing lock light continues to flash, and following instructions to cancel it does not work. If I pull # 9 fuse tha alarm does not sound but the lights all flash

Old 06-22-2019, 11:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You might try resyning your fob

Old 06-23-2019, 12:12 AM

Thanks Ragand! I experienced many of the same problem as others here ... car was fine but then key wouldn’t work (except manually), dash lights on but car wouldn’t start. Had the battery checked, it was good. Ran to the store and bought new batteries for key, that didn’t work. The button for the tow lock kept flashing and couldn’t be turned off. Took your advice and removed the battery cables, then touched the cables together for 15 seconds with the assist of a wrench. Reattached battery cables, Turned the ignition and wahoo! All was working as before

Old 06-23-2019, 09:32 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by ttmmdd
You might try resyning your fob
It should be made clear that the batteries in the fob and synchronizing the fob has nothing to do with starting the car, just opening the locks.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:47 AM

By resyning the fob, I was thinking more along the line of trying to clear the alarm state the car seems to be stuck in.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:00 AM

I should note that the remote does nothing for unlocking or locking the doors, Holding both buttons I do get a red light come on and individual buttons i get a red light come on but the car is not responding, How do you re sync the remote?

Old 06-23-2019, 11:44 AM

1. Press either the lock or unlock button momentarily twice.

2. Turn the key in the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position within 30 seconds.

Old 06-23-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by hemifiedbird
I should note that the remote does nothing for unlocking or locking the doors, Holding both buttons I do get a red light come on and individual buttons i get a red light come on but the car is not responding, How do you re sync the remote?
The red light is just to show the batteries are OK, these fobs operate on radio frequencies, not infra red. So a clear line of sight is not requied.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:54 PM

Did the press button twice and key turned on and no change, lights and dash lights flash and towing switch flashes red

Old 06-23-2019, 11:35 PM

Did you try disconnecting the battery and shorting the cables together?

Old 06-24-2019, 02:56 PM

Yes, made no difference. I am getting a code of a shorted panic button on my scanner. I am going to try a different remote but I am feeling it is probably a module screwed up or shorted

Old 07-15-2019, 01:24 AM

I am still trying to figure this car out. I ordered a new key and it is not in yet. Doing some checking and find that the doors and trunk will lock with the button on the dash but will do nothing with the fob, Also noticed that the fuel door will not unlock but everything else does but only with the switch. I pulled #9 fuse and the alarm does not sound but all the lights flash and the tow button continually flashes. The car will start momentarily and quit with all lights flashing.Any other ideas that anyone has run into would be appreciated

Old 07-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Re: Alarm Issues and Locking Issues

Skreem module? Water damaged locking control pump in "basement" of trunk? Just thoughts from a non-expert...good luck with it.

Old 07-22-2019, 02:09 AM

Removed the locking pump and circuit board today, Visually there is nothing appears wrong but when i unplugged the one wire my alarm issues went away (flashing lights ,siren) plugged it back in and everything started again. Any one know how to bench test this unit? Tried starting the car with it unplugged and it started but it started but shut down. Tested locking pump with scanner before removal and there were no codes. Do have a code for the skreem module but i don't want to just throw parts at it before I am sure

Old 07-22-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by hemifiedbird
Removed the locking pump and circuit board today, Visually there is nothing appears wrong but when i unplugged the one wire my alarm issues went away (flashing lights ,siren) plugged it back in and everything started again. Any one know how to bench test this unit? Tried starting the car with it unplugged and it started but it started but shut down. Tested locking pump with scanner before removal and there were no codes. Do have a code for the skreem module but i don't want to just throw parts at it before I am sure
The service manual has a section on the vehicle security, it has instructions on testing the unit. The 2004 manual is the easiest to read.