Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

'08 roadster will not start

Old 07-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '08 roadster will not start

Originally Posted by ZERACER
Also FYI, you said you disconnected and reconnected the red cable from the battery. NEVER ever disconnect and reconnect the positive (+) side if the battery. Always do the negative (-) side first so you don't short or spike the electrical connection. This causes all kinds of problems with computer modules.
Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Did you check if you have water in the rear lower compartment (below the Styrofoam inserts under the rear carpet)? There is two rubber plugs under the rear compartment from under the car, stick a phillips screwdriver into the center of the right plug until it punctures that plug. If water comes out, you have a flooded locking module. Come back in to tell us if that right side is flooded. Good luck!

No the man said it’s not flooded in there. He said he can’t communicate with the ECM or the Skreem he said he thinks it’s the Skreem and said if I order it he will replace it off his work clock for 360 but that I would then need to call a locksmith to program the keys. I think I’ll try and do it on my own following the directions here.

Old 07-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 08 roadster will not start

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
The way it is giving you three tries and then nothing (until you disconnect and reconnect the battery) is a routine built into the SKREEM/ECM that tells you that the ECM is not being told it is OK to start.

This means the SKREEM is not telling the ECM to start.

This is either a bad SKREEM, or a bad RFID in your key or a bad 'antenna ring' around the key.

Unfortunately, this is not easy to diagnose. If you have not messed with the key and lost the RFID chip, it is almost certainly the SKREEM module. You can get one of those from Rob at Needswings for around $700.
I ordered the Skreem from needswings I added the Vin number to the comments section. I’m not sure if I needed to but I thought I read somewhere that they need it when I order one. I hope this will fix it. I really appreciate all the help I’ve gotten here I will let you all know how it goes I’ll probably need more help to get it put in though😰

Old 07-10-2019, 08:25 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts
Default Re: '08 roadster will not start

Originally Posted by Barbarasouix
that I would then need to call a locksmith to program the keys.
No. The SKREEM comes programmed to the RFIDs in the keys. The car will start and run, but the lock-unlock-panic buttons wont work.
YOU program that yourself, by inserting the key in ignition, pressing lock or unlock twice, then turning the key to "ON" within 30 seconds. DONE.

Do not ever pay anyone for that "service".

Yes, Needswings needs your VIN. Rob will probably call you to obtain verification of ownership and current mileage.