Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

B10F5-Speed Sensor Status Signal Invalid

Old 07-14-2019, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B10F5-Speed Sensor Status Signal Invalid

My ABS/ESP lights are currently on. I took the vehicle to the dealer where they performed a number of checks, supposedly cleared the codes and could find no faults. When I got into my car the lights were back on the dash (also my hood wasn't latched, good thing I noticed before going too far)

When I went back in they indicated if I left the car with them they would eventually find the problem. At $109.00 per hour it could be an expensive endeavor (I may not have a choice).

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this particular code?

The possible causes are Wheel Speed Sensor Status Signal Circuit open (not found to be open)
Controller Antilock Brake (CAB) No indication it is faulty
Occupant Restraint Control Module (ORC) No comment made

Two events preceded the lights coming on which I conveyed to them. I had washed the vehicle with a power washer and shortly thereafter had to make an extremely quick stop due to a truck turning in front of me. It was within a few minutes that the lights on the dash illuminated.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I did see the Tech use an aftermarket OBDII to clear the codes. Is it possible due to the Chrysler/Mercedes hybrid nature of the Crossfire that his reader could not properly clear the code hence its return? This particular dealer has never sold a Crossfire and has only serviced one Crossfire in its recent history.