CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   Red interior (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/16297-red-interior.html)

RMADERMAN 06-19-2007 11:21 AM

Red interior

I would like to change the interior panels in my daughters SRT6. Primarily the center console and maybe the door panels. Has anyone seen these anywhere. ie Ebay?

I may remove the center console and paint them, which is one alternative. I think the contrast would look great. Plus I am considering having the rocker area exterior painted red. :cool:

Sidez 06-19-2007 03:18 PM

Re: Red interior

they pop up on ebay every once in a while... you can probably order them directly from the dealer or from a parts site, but that would be rather expensive... Also consider doing SRT's Carbon Fiber Process...

RMADERMAN 06-19-2007 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
they pop up on ebay every once in a while... you can probably order them directly from the dealer or from a parts site, but that would be rather expensive... Also consider doing SRT's Carbon Fiber Process...

I am not really crazy about carbon fiber interior. :cool: Maybe the wood/red grain effect.

x'ed 06-21-2007 07:57 PM

i thought she was driving the mercedes.

RMADERMAN 06-22-2007 09:21 AM

She was till my sister called and needed a car, so I sold her the MB. Ashley's grades were excellent and she has been working at my office after cross country training every morning so I thought she deserved the XF back. :cool:

I am still looking for a red interior. I would like the one FP posted from Ebay. Unfortunately it was attached to a new 2006. I don't think they would let me have that one. I prefer my seats though.

RMADERMAN 06-25-2007 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
I would like to change the interior panels in my daughters SRT6. Primarily the center console and maybe the door panels. Has anyone seen these anywhere. ie Ebay?

I may remove the center console and paint them, which is one alternative. I think the contrast would look great. Plus I am considering having the rocker area exterior painted red. :cool:

And I thought FP would find a RED interior within a few days. :confused: Christmas is coming. :cool:

FP 06-25-2007 06:03 PM

You should try Katzkin. They have some real nice leather seat options, or find a local auto upholstery place,and have them change them for you. I'm having burnt orange inserts and piping put in mine. I wanted some contrast.

Maxwell 06-25-2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN

I was thinking about ordering the old SLK door panels, they look like they are more comfy than ours, but I'm not sure the doors are exact dimensions.

buggy4crossfires 06-25-2007 09:57 PM

FP did you special order your car when you bought or did you buy it off the lot?

FP 06-25-2007 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
FP did you special order your car when you bought or did you buy it off the lot?

I bought it off the lot.

RMADERMAN 06-25-2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by FP
You should try Katzkin. They have some real nice leather seat options, or find a local auto upholstery place,and have them change them for you. I'm having burnt orange inserts and piping put in mine. I wanted some contrast.

I like the SRT seats. Like you I am looking for the contrast. I would like to change the door panels and the center console and maybe the glove box. If I could get a hold of a piece of a door or other panel I would try experiment and see if spraying them with an interior paint to see how they would look. I know from experience (20 plus years ago) that it would never look original, but still has possibilities.