CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   Locked Out! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/73273-locked-out.html)

spoiler 12-20-2015 12:21 PM

Locked Out!

I have not driven the car in a couple of weeks. It has been rather cold lately but last night was maybe around 20. Purchased the car in June and the owner said that the battery was new.

Tried to open the doors and could only hear a slight sound from under the hood. I kept trying and eventually the door locks raised slowly (the hatch is still locked). I opened the passenger door and sat inside to prepare to remove the stereo and the alarm went off. After frantically pushing buttons on the fob it went off only to come back a few times. I just disconnected the battery. I had never heard the alarm before today.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

maxcichon 12-20-2015 03:47 PM

Re: Locked Out!

Sounds like a weak/poorly connected battery.

spoiler 12-20-2015 04:10 PM

I reconnected the battery and so far no alarm but the rear door is still locked and the other doors will not lock.

ZERACER 12-20-2015 04:53 PM

Will it start ??

spoiler 12-21-2015 09:57 PM

I did turn the key yesterday and the dash lit up but had to leave to house. Everything was dead this morning so I put on the charger and it did start.
I think that the tow alarm may have been on. I was trying to turn it off yesterday with no success. It is off now. I still wonder why the battery drained. I assume that was the cause of the door lock issues?

lovecross 12-21-2015 10:49 PM

Locking control pump/security module in right side, bottom of trunk, damaged by water leak/flood?

ZERACER 12-22-2015 11:57 AM

I agree with Maxicon, battery and or connections. (A) you may have been lied to about the battery and (B) new battery,s have been known to go bad. I would try the easiest first, buy a new battery or have yours tested for a bad cell.

onehundred80 12-22-2015 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by spoiler (Post 855076)
I did turn the key yesterday and the dash lit up but had to leave to house. Everything was dead this morning so I put on the charger and it did start.
I think that the tow alarm may have been on. I was trying to turn it off yesterday with no success. It is off now. I still wonder why the battery drained. I assume that was the cause of the door lock issues?

I am assuming from this last post that the doors and trunk hatch are working fine now.

spoiler 12-22-2015 09:23 PM

They are,

Weather permitting (it is now snowing) I will be off on a 500 mile drive at first light.

I will let you all know if I experience any other issues.

Thank you all and Seasons Greetings!