TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Hemi Crossfire Conversion

Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hemi Crossfire Conversion

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I agree, but that is a love of THAT particular car (options, mileage, condition, etc.) because there are definitely more rare optioned '67s worth low six figure money. The same way I have lots of money in my NA, one day when everyone wants the SRT they will look at me like I was insane for modding my NA the way I have, but I love it (and need a stick)...
I'm with you on the stick. The only way to really drive. Could go with a Hemi, Muncie trans and a Ford 9" rear end. : )

Old 08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joliet John
I am surprised the factory XFire trans and rear end were used. I can't imagine either would hold up very well with a Hemi under the hood.
Its the same Trans and rear used in the AMG cars and the SRT line.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize I'm late to this post, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to start my own post. Anyway, thought you all might be interested in this latest engine swap I came across. Definitely the first time I've seen anything smaller than a six banger in a Crossfire.

2004 Chrysler Crossfire 4G63T TH350 Turbo - YouTube

Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

here is my sl55 engine and tranny installed into my crossfire,
enjoy jim

Old 04-13-2017, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by christpher7
A friend of mine is almost finished with the Hemi 5.7 conversion into a 05 crossfire coupe. The motor is already in a running, just wrapping up on a few details. I will post some pics when he gets it all wrapped up if anybody is interested...
Dear christopher,
Please bro I know it has been alot of years since you finished your project, but I have a chrysler srt6 and I want to make it as my next v8 conversion project for fun, please can you send me all the details you did to make the conversion perfect , please bro it will be a big favor need your help !

Old 04-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Anmsrt6

Dear christopher,
Please bro I know it has been alot of years since you finished your project, but I have a chrysler srt6 and I want to make it as my next v8 conversion project for fun, please can you send me all the details you did to make the conversion perfect , please bro it will be a big favor need your help !
Wait.
You want to turn a srt 6 and do a v8 conversion ???
And not a NA ???
Sure you don't want to get a cheap high milage na to cut up for swap, then get it going and sell the srt ??
If you would rather do it on a srt all upto you, just surprised.
One bad thing about the conversions if I remember correct the ls1 and hemi conversion both used a normal turbo 350 trans 3 speed and with the lack of a od and our rear end ratios and tire sizes the rpm run high for more than just city driving.
The hemi is a huge weight difference.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Dear christopher,

Last on site (08-16-2011 10:04 AM) AND 5 year old (plus) thread, maybe you should try to PM the guy?

Old 04-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Wait.
And not a NA ???
Sure you don't want to get a cheap high milage na to cut up for swap, then get it going and sell the srt ??
One bad thing about the conversions if I remember correct the ls1 and hemi conversion both used a normal turbo 350 trans 3 speed and with the lack of a od and our rear end ratios and tire sizes the rpm run high for more than just city driving.
The frame was widened somehow to accept the width of the engine if I recall.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The frame was widened somehow to accept the width of the engine if I recall.
The strut towers and front suspension was changed also, I used to have some detailed pics.
But wiring for a hemi is alot easier now there are stand alone kits know for a hemi, there wasn't then

Old 04-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Old 04-13-2017, 06:49 PM

Wait.
And not a NA ???
Bro I know it have been a very long time but just suddenly I got a stock clean srt6 for around 2800$ only , so I wanna get the most of the car without actually fuxking it, I want it to be as my project car, and What i read is the engine swap is the best option, now there are two engines i knew worked , first more preferably is the 5.4 V8 engine that used to be in sl55 , or swap with a 5.7 hemi ! I can get both engine blocks if i want to, so i want the best option, and what are the changings I will require to do to make it perfect car and can still use it in the streets normally.
Thank you , please reply

Old 04-13-2017, 07:10 PM

Bro I know it have been a very long time but just suddenly I got a stock clean srt6 for around 2800$ only , so I wanna get the most of the car without actually fuxking it, I want it to be as my project car, and What i read is the engine swap is the best option, now there are two engines i knew worked , first more preferably is the 5.4 V8 engine that used to be in sl55 , or swap with a 5.7 hemi ! I can get both engine blocks if i want to, so i want the best option, and what are the changings I will require to do to make it perfect car and can still use it in the streets normally.
Thank you , please reply
Easiest would be the mb motor, can be wired into the electronics and have everything from dash, cruise control, abs etc everything work.
Hemi would be rewire everything, custom gauges everything.
I would love to see more hemi's in a crossfire but a flat plane aluminum chevy v8 would probably be cheaper and run better in the long run.
Since our cars are full mb platform and electronics.
You should do alot of research and measurements 1st.
But if you where going to start ripping into one I would definitely suggest get a cheap high milage NA and start gutting it, since you would change so much anyway.
If you bought a cheap NA and hemified it then sold your srt6 you would be 10k ahead.
I wish I had some measurements of a 08 challenger rear k member, they look identical to ours, if they could work with minor modification it would give alot of options for rearend.
Anything can be done for enough money and time but working on a tight budget puts a dampener on projects.

There has also been a ls1 conversion and a 4g63 conversion.
But need to figure out if a better transmission would work besides a turbo 350 with no overdrive.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:21 PM

but just suddenly I got a stock clean srt6 for around 2800$
Holy crap
You got a clean srt for $2,800
There would be several ppl on here that would gladly pay you double that.
Or trade there na and a couple grand.
Clean srt looking at around 10k to 14k

Old 04-13-2017, 07:29 PM

Holy crap
You got a clean srt for $2,800
There would be several ppl on here that would gladly pay you double that.
Or trade there na and a couple grand.
Clean srt looking at around 10k to 14k
You can do the mods to that srt, have a 450 hp 3,000 pound bullet, and still have less in it than it is worth.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:16 PM

Easiest would be the mb motor, can be wired into the electronics and have everything from dash, cruise control, abs etc everything work.
Hemi would be rewire everything, custom gauges everything.
I would love to see more hemi's in a crossfire but a flat plane aluminum chevy v8 would probably be cheaper and run better in the long run.
Since our cars are full mb platform and electronics.
You should do alot of research and measurements 1st.
But if you where going to start ripping into one I would definitely suggest get a cheap high milage NA and start gutting it, since you would change so much anyway.
If you bought a cheap NA and hemified it then sold your srt6 you would be 10k ahead.
I wish I had some measurements of a 08 challenger rear k member, they look identical to ours, if they could work with minor modification it would give alot of options for rearend.
Anything can be done for enough money and time but working on a tight budget puts a dampener on projects.

There has also been a ls1 conversion and a 4g63 conversion.
But need to figure out if a better transmission would work besides a turbo 350 with no overdrive.
okay so lets day I want to go with the MB 5.4 v8 engine, would the supercharge stay the same on it ?
I need to know approximately how much hp on wheels would that give me ?? And does an OBDII screen work well on the crossfire ?? And please guys give me the ideas of what i can change with it to make it the fastes possible and it is still for daily use car

Old 04-14-2017, 06:34 PM

Alot depends on budget.
Since you have a srt already, best bang for your buck would be upgrade that engine, pulleys, tune, intake.
A hemi conversion would cost alot more and have less hp, unless you spent ALOT more $$$ And built a hemi, trans and rearend.
The amg 55 engine. Is the easiest physical swap, but the coding is the hard part, there are only a few people that does it.
Either way if a engine swap I would definitely suggest to do it on a NA not a great shape clean srt, for that price you got it for, sell it and buy a cheap NA to strip and swap.
All the swaps have been to a NA.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:58 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Who's gonna be first?
https://blog.mopar.com/sema-must-see...mi-engine-kit/

Old 10-30-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
not worth it,,,, for around 5000. you can get a twin turbo 5.5 mercedes V8 and this can work without a standalone computer. and we can make it fit ,, jim

Old 10-30-2017, 07:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
not worth it,,,, for around 5000. you can get a twin turbo 5.5 mercedes V8 and this can work without a standalone computer. and we can make it fit ,, jim
My first choice for engine swap was the Mercedes turbo 65. My second choice was Mercedes 63 turbo. Was told by reliable source that our cars framing strength would greatly be reduced by creating clearance for the turbo's mounting that's cast into the sides of these two engines block. That why I settled for my third choice. The SL55 with all mods. Squirrel Crusher

Old 10-30-2017, 08:00 PM

I agree with you but maybe the turbos could be relocated ,you know in south fl we Nemo's shop,,put twin turbos on a E-55,,, it ran a 10.0 @ 142,,then he wreaked it,,, and he Nemo Foss wanted to make my crossfire 4 wheel drive. jim

Quick Reply: Hemi Crossfire Conversion