TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Issues Fixed or not Fixed by the Dealer

Old 06-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issues Fixed or not Fixed by the Dealer

Here I just want to compile a List of issues people have had with their cars that they have taken to dealer and the results they got on those issues...
For reference I can see this being Pretty helpful... It would also be nice if you can post the name of the dealership...

Tenefly Chrysler Jeep New Jersey

So far I had a very good Experience with them and I recommend them to anyone as they do the job of fixing the crossfires pretty well... at least they did so in my case... all these issues were handled under warranty...

1. (FIXED) Car Overheating, Coolant icon flashing - Under warranty (Recall) fan modulator.
2. (NOT FIXED) Driver Side Wind Noise Driving past 55 Mph - Dealer could not replicate.
3. (FIXED) Doors and hatch do not lock, Interior Lights (Dome, Hatch) Not functional - Under warranty Fuse Replaced.
4. (NOT FIXED) Headlight Condensation - Vent Kit installed.
5. (FIXED) Headlight Condensation - Under Warranty New Headlight Installed.
6. (FIXED) Passenger Door Rattle When Closed - Under warranty Loose Regulator Tightened, but now inoperable from inside.
7. (FIXED) Passenger Door Inoperable from Inside - Under Warranty bolts tightened.

Last edited by Sidez; 06-18-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Issues Fixed or not Fixed by the Dealer

Sidez

I have to agree regarding Tenafly Chrysler Jeep. I have known Rob Engle and his brother the owners for many years and they have always strived to provide excellent customer service. They started as a small Peugeot dealership in Tenafly many years ago, I even remember their Mom working in the back office on warranty stuff.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:46 PM

wow surprised you know the place considering it is quite far from your current location.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
wow surprised you know the place considering it is quite far from your current location.
I was raised in NJ and lived there for 24 years, used to work up the road from Tenafly in Englewood Cliffs.

Regarding your post, its a good idea and I'm glad to report that haven't had any issues with my car so far...

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 06-18-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
I was raised in NJ and lived there for 24 years, used to work up the road from Tenafly in Englewood Cliffs.

Regarding your post, its a good idea and I'm glad to report that haven't had any issues with my car so far...
Not to take this thread in another direction, but I now live in Fort Lee you probably know the area... really bad place...

Old 06-19-2007, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
Not to take this thread in another direction, but I now live in Fort Lee you probably know the area... really bad place...
I know the area pretty well, since it was the next town over from where I worked for a number of years. Has it really turned for the worse like many cities
in Jersey? I hope ypu have a garage for the XF...

Old 06-22-2007, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
I know the area pretty well, since it was the next town over from where I worked for a number of years. Has it really turned for the worse like many cities
in Jersey? I hope you have a garage for the XF...
Its not so much a bad area in terms of poverty on contrary it has become a really rich area.. and the problem here is not with lack of garages, but the ridiculous police enforcements... it is like anything I do is a crime...

On another note maybe I should repost this in the main crossfire forum... it will probably get more results there...