TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

N/A Spoiler Removal Guide

Old 03-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: N/A Spoiler Removal Guide

Originally Posted by onehundred80
As James11549 says, if you silicone it up then it will be impossible to remove again.
This is a bad idea.
This should not be a sticky it should be unstuck. God help anyone who does this and has to remove the spoiler again, because it will not come off.
Has anyone suggested an alternative way to seal it?

Old 03-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

GG's efforts in PDF.. Lets see if the link works..

https://www.facebook.com/download/37...dule-Coupe.pdf

Old 03-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisificti0n
Has anyone suggested an alternative way to seal it?
I have a thread on the SRT fix and it is similar, I am going to take it apart after two years of use and see what it looks like now. I am adding the flashing high mounted stop light so I'll see at that time.
I will add to the post as I progress.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Received 364 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
GG's efforts in PDF.. Lets see if the link works..

https://www.facebook.com/download/37...dule-Coupe.pdf

Doesn't work (link) here

Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 PM

I was afraid of that.. probably members of the group only.. OH VALK.. where forth art thou?? LOL

Last edited by Mrmiata; 03-27-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Old 03-29-2015, 12:15 AM

Mrmiata, I want to thank you, in this public forum post, for using your talents in converting this post into a .pdf for the members. I sincerely thank you for all the time and effort you invested. WELL DONE!

Old 03-29-2015, 10:00 AM

Less time and effort than you put in GraphiteGhost!

Would have been much easier for you to have just done your install and had a beer vrs taking the time to take pictures and note each step..

Hopefully it will get added to the main PDF collection on here.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:19 AM

The PDF of GraphiteGhosts flashing stop light install that I will put in my Index Of Crossfire Problems.
Part one (click)
Part two (click)

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-29-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:23 AM

The PDF of GraphiteGhosts flashing stop light install that I will put in my Index Of Crossfire Problems.
Part one (click)
Part two (click)

To be finished later.

Your "clicks" are shooting blanks..

Old 03-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Your "clicks" are shooting blanks..
My final line says to be finished later,
and here it is.

Part one (click)
Part two (click)

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-29-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:31 PM

Less time and effort than you put in GraphiteGhost!

Would have been much easier for you to have just done your install and had a beer vrs taking the time to take pictures and note each step..

Hopefully it will get added to the main PDF collection on here.

Good idea MrM, BUT I would not be drinking beer (or anything) until most of any install was done. Full disclosure, I'm out of beer and I will not buy it until it goes on sale. I shoot for $3.00 to $3.50 max per 6pk before beer is brought into home. Just rather drink hard stuff if I don't have beer. Also, the install was done in the am hours, too early for either beer or hard stuff anyway.

Thanks for the conversions and addition to the collection 180! Was it from the original or the one MrM made? Also, can you explain why a part 1 and a part 2? Finally, I think you put picture number 5 in the place of the correct number 45? Did you lose number 45? Thanks for finding number 45 and inserting where it belongs! LOL

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 03-29-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Good idea MrM, BUT I would not be drinking beer (or anything) until most of any install was done. Full disclosure, I'm out of beer and I will not buy it until it goes on sale. I shoot for $3.00 to $3.50 max per 6pk before beer is brought into home. Just rather drink hard stuff if I don't have beer. Also, the install was done in the am hours, too early for either beer or hard stuff anyway.

Thanks for the conversions and addition to the collection 180! Was it from the original or the one MrM made? Also, can you explain why a part 1 and a part 2? Finally, I think you put picture number 5 in the place of the correct number 45? Did you lose number 45? Thanks for finding number 45 and inserting where it belongs! LOL
I did it directly from your post, I converted your words to Word, then added the pictures from a file I had saved them to and then finally I saved it as two PDF files.
I thought MrM's PDF with 48 pages was a bit too much, with such large pictures. So I did 3 pictures per page, the file was too large to add as one file, so I split it into two. It is about 1/3rd the size of MrM's book.

I noticed something wrong with pictures but forgot about checking it all at the end. I'll do that now.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 PM

I did it directly from your post, I converted your words to Word, then added the pictures from a file I had saved them to and then finally I saved it as two PDF files.
I thought MrM's PDF with 48 pages was a bit too much, with such large pictures. So I did 3 pictures per page, the file was too large to add as one file, so I split it into two. It is about 1/3rd the size of MrM's book.

I noticed something wrong with pictures but forgot about checking it all at the end. I'll do that now.

Thanks man! Its a great thing we all do for each other, having multiple avenues adds perspective to the packages that folks use. Take me, for instance, I like to blow pictures up real big to get a little more detail if I am having a problem understanding the intent. I didn't know how to reduce the large pictures, so I just put em in as the camera took em. I do know them suckers can be blown up and still have great detail/clarity. In my case, my one good eye needs all the help it can get in being able to 'see' what I need to see. Thanks for the further reduction in the file sizes, I am sure others don't need the detail that, say, someone like me might need for failing eyesight. Its all good in the end, and helpful for everyone who likes to do the sort of things we all try and succeed to do. I appreciate all the help I can get, and openly welcome any help in giving others the opportunity to understand and accomplish whatever they want with their cars. Cannot say enough this site helps so many, and the members openly give to all.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I guess you have to use two wires not just one..
Dave, you gonna do a .pdf for an install using this method?

Old 01-31-2018, 09:34 AM

I did this mod to my coupe and now I have all the trim off the hatch I cannot find the flashing module anywhere on the hatch. I have forgot where it is, the light flashes though so it is still there somewhere.
I have the hatch trim off for another reason and I noticed it was not to be seen.
I promised Pitmarshal that I would put one on his roadster, pretty sad when I cannot find mine anywhere.
It has lasted quite well though. It is a nice little mod to do.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:41 AM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Onehundred80, in graphiteghost’s original install post he showed the module at the top of the hatch above the glass by the harness pass thru. Maybe there?

Old 01-31-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by JSK
Onehundred80, in graphiteghost’s original install post he showed the module at the top of the hatch above the glass by the harness pass thru. Maybe there?
I think it is under the dash by the ICM (light switch) that is where I think I put it, it is not under the hatch at all. It uses the wire to the HMSL from the light switch, I think.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:57 PM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Memory. Second thing to go. I can’t remember the first.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:07 AM

I think it is under the dash by the ICM (light switch) that is where I think I put it, it is not under the hatch at all. It uses the wire to the HMSL from the light switch, I think.
I stumbled upon the flashing module when taking out the latch from the hatch while preparing to fit the rear view camera. It lies beside the passenger license plate light. At the time I figured that it would be best to be stuck on a horizontal face instead of a vertical face. How it is wired into the circuit I did not see.
I see I stated where I was going to put this flasher unit in post # 6 in this thread.
Anyone who silicones the spoiler panels to prevent leak is asking for trouble, maybe not to themselves but possibly to others who have the car after them, ask UrbanE about that.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-06-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: N/A Spoiler Removal Guide