TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Disabling Seatbelt Chime/Alarm WITHOUT cutting any wires!

Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime/Alarm WITHOUT cutting any wires!

Originally Posted by jamesbuick69
my battery died bout a week ago because i didnt shut trunk completely.....today my seatbelt buzzer is going krazy and stuff.It seems that it shuts up going fast but every time i stop or slow down either the reminder or the chime comes back on. I dont want to cut wires and ive tried the whole sequencething 25 times.... i get the same beep after the 3rd click and repeat but it still comes back so i tried doing it and then diconnecting battery and doing it again!!!!!!! please help me with this. i have an 2005 yellow roadster with a little over 32000 miles.....i put new tires new tpms new oil etc.. i would love to keep this car but if it keeps it up i will consider selling and finish restoring my 71 skylark. Again any help would be very much appreciated. my e-mail is jamesbuick69@yahoo.com if i cant find any replies back on here please send me help there...........GODSPEED AND GOD BLESS
BTW i am very much a newbie when it comes to this forum. My dad bought the car from my father n law and hes the one who got me to yal and i signed up immediately. You guys hav already taught me how to change oil, brake pads and the TPMS which was kinda simple but that saved me tons from what dealer would charge. Thank you

Old 02-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

my battery died bout a week ago because i didnt shut trunk completely.....today my seatbelt buzzer is going krazy and stuff.It seems that it shuts up going fast but every time i stop or slow down either the reminder or the chime comes back on. I dont want to cut wires and ive tried the whole sequencething 25 times.... i get the same beep after the 3rd click and repeat but it still comes back so i tried doing it and then diconnecting battery and doing it again!!!!!!! please help me with this. i have an 2005 yellow roadster with a little over 32000 miles.....i put new tires new tpms new oil etc.. i would love to keep this car but if it keeps it up i will consider selling and finish restoring my 71 skylark. Again any help would be very much appreciated. my e-mail is jamesbuick69@yahoo.com if i cant find any replies back on here please send me help there...........GODSPEED AND GOD BLESS
If you leave the trunk open for more than five minutes or so my lights will go off automatically as they are on a timer, same with the doors if they are left ajar.
I think that may point to a problem with the pump/security module in the trunk. I think that's what times out the lights.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 AM

tahnk you sir but i think im misunderstanding you? the trunk was shut but only one click as this has happened before charge the baterry no problem....the problem im having is the seat belt buzzer is goin off and it wont stop, no problems with trunk watsoever but i read how to reset the timer by doing the whole sequencing steps but it still going off even while buckled up??? The obly thing ive done different lately was i lowered the top today while at a skating party when parked and when it was over i went start my car i put top bak up and thats when the seatbelt buzzer started going off repeatedly.......i dnt know how much the dealership would charge to fix but would love to avoid. My 8 yr old daughter closed the trunk but not all the way, again just 1 click about six months ago and it did drain the battery then as well but i dont understand if lowereing the top todaay was just a coincidence or actually has something to do with the seatbelt buzzer......very frustrating to listen to it while driving and buckled at the same time and again i noticed when i come to a stop sign or red light it fires up instantly but driving down the road it just comes on every so often but i hav no lights as far as check this or that just beep beep beep lol but thank you sir for replying to my ? but if you can explain to me how to reset the seatbelt timer that would be great cause i dont wont to pull seat and cut the brown wire as this sounds like way too much work for 1 and i would like for it to work properly again, but i just remembered earlier that i lowered the top while in park but never drove it and then hour later i raised it back up after starting car and then stared hearing that reminder or repeater tone. i tried the 3 clicks sequence and i get the bbep on the third click but then it comes right back

Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

tahnk you sir but i think im misunderstanding you? the trunk was shut but only one click as this has happened before charge the baterry no problem....the problem im having is the seat belt buzzer is goin off and it wont stop, no problems with trunk watsoever but i read how to reset the timer by doing the whole sequencing steps but it still going off even while buckled up??? The obly thing ive done different lately was i lowered the top today while at a skating party when parked and when it was over i went start my car i put top bak up and thats when the seatbelt buzzer started going off repeatedly.......i dnt know how much the dealership would charge to fix but would love to avoid. My 8 yr old daughter closed the trunk but not all the way, again just 1 click about six months ago and it did drain the battery then as well but i dont understand if lowereing the top todaay was just a coincidence or actually has something to do with the seatbelt buzzer......very frustrating to listen to it while driving and buckled at the same time and again i noticed when i come to a stop sign or red light it fires up instantly but driving down the road it just comes on every so often but i hav no lights as far as check this or that just beep beep beep lol but thank you sir for replying to my ? but if you can explain to me how to reset the seatbelt timer that would be great cause i dont wont to pull seat and cut the brown wire as this sounds like way too much work for 1 and i would like for it to work properly again, but i just remembered earlier that i lowered the top while in park but never drove it and then hour later i raised it back up after starting car and then stared hearing that reminder or repeater tone. i tried the 3 clicks sequence and i get the bbep on the third click but then it comes right back
I am not sure about roadsters but I think your problem is to do with the top and not the seat belts.
Wait until a roadster owner answers you. The problem is a small one I am sure.
Do not sell the car.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Smile Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime/Alarm WITHOUT cutting any wires!

Thank you sir. No definitely not selling at the moment the car is nearly in mint condition. The entire car is so clean and upkeep has been perfect thanks to this forum for a few of the things I have done myself but I think you may be right bout the top cause I went outside and lowered it show family. I locked it up with the top down and went bak inside for maybe hour and haf then went bak out unlocked started car and put top up and that's when buzzer started going off. I wonder if I confused it by locking it up with top down cause obviously someone could reach inside to open door. Really wish I hadnt done that now. Again thank you very much sir!

Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you sir. No definitely not selling at the moment the car is nearly in mint condition. The entire car is so clean and upkeep has been perfect thanks to this forum for a few of the things I have done myself but I think you may be right bout the top cause I went outside and lowered it show family. I locked it up with the top down and went bak inside for maybe hour and haf then went bak out unlocked started car and put top up and that's when buzzer started going off. I wonder if I confused it by locking it up with top down cause obviously someone could reach inside to open door. Really wish I hadnt done that now. Again thank you very much sir!
I've got a coupe myself, but from what I've read the center console locks with the doors, so locking it with the top down is in the design of the car. When you disconnected the battery, did you let it sit that way for about 30 minutes? It's also been recommended to insert key and turn to on position.. this fully discharges the electricals.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the info. No I didn't leave the battery disconnected that long. Only for couple minutes but at wat point should I put the key in the on position? For the entire 3n the battery is disconnected. I'm sorry I didn't quite understand that part. I'm gonna try this evening to resolve as I'm currently on the road but if you could repost a little more bout the key thing I would very much appreciate it! I love my car. It's the yellow roadster convertible and its been taken very good care of I know since my father n law bought it only had approx12-15k on it. He sold it to me it had 22,500k and it just turned 32k last wk. Again thank u very much!

Old 02-26-2012, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the info. No I didn't leave the battery disconnected that long. Only for couple minutes but at wat point should I put the key in the on position? For the entire 3n the battery is disconnected. I'm sorry I didn't quite understand that part. I'm gonna try this evening to resolve as I'm currently on the road but if you could repost a little more bout the key thing I would very much appreciate it! I love my car. It's the yellow roadster convertible and its been taken very good care of I know since my father n law bought it only had approx12-15k on it. He sold it to me it had 22,500k and it just turned 32k last wk. Again thank u very much!
Before you hook the battery back up just do the key as a final discharge..no minimal time or anything like that.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
BIG credit From our friend Thomas Whyle... who made this possible!
thanks thomas and george....you guys rock. now how do we solve the same problem for a

'07 sonata

'94 cutlass convertible

'90 buick reatta
thanks again guys.
gryfan

Old 02-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

... Deleted ...

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 10-06-2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM

Ok thank you. I will give it a try and see what happens. Again thank you very much!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Smile Re: Disabling Seatbelt Chime/Alarm WITHOUT cutting any wires!

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Before you hook the battery back up just do the key as a final discharge..no minimal time or anything like that.
Thank you sooo much Mrmiata!!! I disconnected the battery for bout an hour and turned the key on for final discharge and I let it sit overnight without checking to see of fixed. But I just came back from a 10-15mn drive taking my kid to school and no buzzer!!! . I'm having to reply on my phone because my laptop is goin bezerk with the wireless Internet but I will get on in a little bit and look at more of your posts. Again GOD bless u as you and 1 other are the only replies I got. Just want it to stay this way. I hope I drove it long enough to run its brain all thru the relays or?? I know sometimes people unhook battery to make a check engine or other light go off only for it to return later but as I have posted no lights ever came on just beep beep beep every other 2 minutes. Gosh I really am humbled that there's still people out there like you and 180!! Gnna drive later with top down for a nice long drive just to be sure but so far so good sir!! TYVM

Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM

Glad we were able to help you out.. so far at least.. lol. I'm going to be at a loss if it decides to come back and haunt you more..

Old 02-27-2012, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Glad we were able to help you out.. so far at least.. lol. I'm going to be at a loss if it decides to come back and haunt you more..
Just took a much longer ride. Picked my daughter up from school and the local police wouldn't let me leav until I lowered the top so took it down drove around. Just got home and do far... Perfectooo!! thanks a million. I think that did the trick. Not that I need it but did I read on the forum that the top was warrantied to 100k miles? Do they mean just the back window because I got a letter from local dealer on the window but my cloth is in great shape!! Still beads water like its painted . It just runs off like rain-x. Again.... Thank yal,especially you and GOD bless.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:08 PM

Just took a much longer ride. Picked my daughter up from school and the local police wouldn't let me leav until I lowered the top so took it down drove around. Just got home and do far... Perfectooo!! thanks a million. I think that did the trick. Not that I need it but did I read on the forum that the top was warrantied to 100k miles? Do they mean just the back window because I got a letter from local dealer on the window but my cloth is in great shape!! Still beads water like its painted . It just runs off like rain-x. Again.... Thank yal,especially you and GOD bless.
Glad too see your back in love with your Crossfire.. lol. As far as the top all I've read is about the back glass. Seems the adhesive used wasn't quite up to the task for long term. Reading in here is your best bet for all the little tricks of the trades. I'd rather be armed with knowledge than roadside with my cell phone calling for a tow truck. There is a little tidbit on the trunk lock. The one that secures it while top is in operation. If you haven't found and read it, would be well worth the time.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:09 AM

Thanks! Worked like a charm

Old 05-02-2012, 05:11 PM

My chime is disabled! It still comes on when I first start the car, thus I thought it was not disabled, however once the car is started and seatbelt is disconnected, the chime does not come on.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

... Deleted ...

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 10-06-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joejones
My chime is disabled! It still comes on when I first start the car, thus I thought it was not disabled, however once the car is started and seatbelt is disconnected, the chime does not come on.
It could be your service indicator, IIRC at some point with a double wrench service or similar, the car will make a beep or two on startup, maybe also if you are past the FSS lifecycle. May be worth looking into, when you start it, does the odometer show anything with wrenches or negative mileage?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Guys this worked great. Thanks.
Finally I was able to disable the annoying alarm using ur help.
Cheers

Quick Reply: Disabling Seatbelt Chime/Alarm WITHOUT cutting any wires!