CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   TSBs and How-To Articles (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/)
-   -   Low Fuel Light Flashing (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/56356-low-fuel-light-flashing.html)

jrf05 05-30-2012 07:46 PM

Low Fuel Light Flashing

Today on my drive home from work my low fuel light started flashing for some reason. Any thoughts? I have a half a tank of gas for sure before you say anything! :rolleyes: I killed the car and restarted it and it stopped doing it.

Thanks!

JR

FP 05-30-2012 07:49 PM

Re: Low Fuel Light Flashing

I've had this happen to me a couple of times.

jrf05 05-30-2012 07:53 PM

Do you know why it does it?

robby363 05-30-2012 08:04 PM

If you try to squeeze more gas in after the pump clicks off the first time it causes the gas to overflow into the evap tube and will make the light flash. I use to try to squeeze more in to top it off and when it got to about a half tank mine use to flash. It's never done it again sense I stopped filling after the pump stops the first time.

FP 05-30-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by jrf05 (Post 675821)
Do you know why it does it?

I'm not sure why it's done that. It's only happen ~2X in over 6 years of ownership. I never top off mine after it the pump stops.

jrf05 05-30-2012 08:24 PM

whewww LOL thanks for your guys input I thought something was wrong with my baby! you guys are a life saver!

jrf05 05-30-2012 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by robby363 (Post 675827)
If you try to squeeze more gas in after the pump clicks off the first time it causes the gas to overflow into the evap tube and will make the light flash. I use to try to squeeze more in to top it off and when it got to about a half tank mine use to flash. It's never done it again sense I stopped filling after the pump stops the first time.

Yeah that makes perfect sense, mine is sitting a little under a half of a tank, I guess I was just trying to figure out if it was something bad or not. That is really odd that the system causes the light to flash for that! :cool:

genovese4321 04-10-2013 06:14 PM

My low fuel light start flashing randomly and it turns ON the check engine light . Look like this happen when is little less then half a tank full .
Anyone had this problem ? Any ideas ? Plus it takes me 20 min to fill up the tank same thing makes the gas pump to go off it may be the Pressure Release Valve ... :confused: But is been like this for 2 years and i never had any problems so i dent bother .
Last week cost me $ 800 to change the Lock Cylinder Housing and now this .........:mad:
PLEASE HELP... :confused: Moniq

Mike1118 04-10-2013 06:52 PM

Unless I'm on a trip or I know that I will use it up pretty quick I never put more 1/2 a tank in at a time. I like the way it handles with lower fuel levels.