CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   TSBs and How-To Articles (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/)
-   -   Maintenance Schedule B (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/tsbs-how-articles/73815-maintenance-schedule-b.html)

dedwards0323 03-07-2016 08:06 AM

Maintenance Schedule B

1 Attachment(s)
Just went over my 2007 Limited Coupe this weekend per Maintenance Schedule B. Got alarm from FSS that the oil change was due so went ahead & looked over the car real good since I had the front end on ramps. Everything looks to be in solid shape & all functional checks were verified. I did see some wear on the rubber boots of the steering linkage assembly (tie rod ends). Will have to watch this going forward.

See attached file.

Later,

dedwards0323 03-07-2016 08:18 AM

Re: Maintenance Schedule B

2 Attachment(s)
Found this terminal protector laying in the bottom splash cover of the car when I removed it to drain oil from pan. Somewhat surprised it hadn't fallen by the wayside. Looked around & could not see where it came from. Found one still in place on the alternator (first place I looked). Anyone got an idea where this one came form?

Thanks,

ala_xfire 03-07-2016 10:07 AM

Maybe off the negative terminal of a new battery ?

onehundred80 03-07-2016 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 861138)
Maybe off the negative terminal of a new battery ?

Seems to have the MB logo on the top of it.

dedwards0323 03-07-2016 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 861145)
Seems to have the MB logo on the top of it.

Bingo! There is one just like it on the backside of the alternator covering a terminal connection. If we assume that the one I found is covering a similar terminal connection (wire held on a stud post with a nut), where else would you look?

Interesting!

onehundred80 03-07-2016 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323 (Post 861156)
Bingo! There is one just like it on the backside of the alternator covering a terminal connection. If we assume that the one I found is covering a similar terminal connection (wire held on a stud post with a nut), where else would you look?

Interesting!

Starter motor?

dedwards0323 03-07-2016 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 861163)
Starter motor?

I thought of that. Looked but didn't see what I was looking for. Would seem to be the most logical answer. Will look again later this week when I get an opportunity to put car back on ramps.

Later,

dedwards0323 03-19-2016 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 861163)
Starter motor?

Found it! Thanks for the direction on where to look. Researched threads on starter motor and found what I was looking for. Manual even told me it was suppose to be there!

Until it falls off the next time.

ZERACER 03-19-2016 05:10 PM

Thank you for sharing the solution. It can help others in the future. A lot of people would have ignored it, especially repair and service shops. Another reason to do your own maintenance as much as possable.