Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd. - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource


TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte area, NC
Age: 67
Posts: 23
Default Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Do these pieces snap on and off or do they use 3M tape or another method to hold them on?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Speedy4x4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern IL.
Posts: 1,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White/Cedar View Post
Do these pieces snap on and off or do they use 3M tape or another method to hold them on?
There are clips that are held on by double sided tape of the trim piece, the top and sides do clip off.
The back side pops up and pivots on the front side, if you pry up the front you will just pop the clips off.
I redone my clips on the trim and reattached them with windshield urathane, tried a couple other things but was not happy.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2017, 12:49 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte area, NC
Age: 67
Posts: 23
Default Re: Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Thank you Very much, I am going to vinyl car wrap the 3 pieces with 4d Chrome Carbon Fiber and it will be much easier with the pieces off the car.<br /> One more question please, will the side pieces come off from the top down, since they tuck under the fenders at the bottom?<br />Gary
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Speedy4x4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern IL.
Posts: 1,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White/Cedar View Post
Thank you Very much, I am going to vinyl car wrap the 3 pieces with 4d Chrome Carbon Fiber and it will be much easier with the pieces off the car.<br /> One more question please, will the side pieces come off from the top down, since they tuck under the fenders at the bottom?<br />Gary
The side have the same style clips as the top piece does, the bottom one is turned opposite of the top 2.
I am thinking on the side pieces the top 2 pull from the outside and the bottom pull from the inside
While you have them off, it would be a good idea to redo all the clips, since these pieces are hard to get.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2017, 09:14 AM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte area, NC
Age: 67
Posts: 23
Default Re: Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy4x4 View Post
The side have the same style clips as the top piece does, the bottom one is turned opposite of the top 2.
I am thinking on the side pieces the top 2 pull from the outside and the bottom pull from the inside
While you have them off, it would be a good idea to redo all the clips, since these pieces are hard to get.
Thanks again, you have been a great help.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Speedy4x4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern IL.
Posts: 1,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White/Cedar View Post
Thanks again, you have been a great help.
Np, you get it all done?
Any pics?
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2017, 01:37 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte area, NC
Age: 67
Posts: 23
Default Re: Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White/Cedar View Post
Do these pieces snap on and off or do they use 3M tape or another method to hold them on?
I,m swamped with work at present, but, I hope to do the project soon. I'll post pictures when I do.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte area, NC
Age: 67
Posts: 23
Default Re: Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White/Cedar View Post
I,m swamped with work at present, but, I hope to do the project soon. I'll post pictures when I do.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2017, 09:44 PM
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Charlotte area, NC
Age: 67
Posts: 23
Default Re: Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2017, 10:30 PM
Speedy4x4's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern IL.
Posts: 1,298
Default Re: Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Gj, what did you use for adhesive for the clips?
I tried vhb tape, wasn't satisfied, tried epoxy but with the 2 different materials and temperature difference and materials movies g at different rates just cracked.
Currently using urethane windshield adhesive, and really like it.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Red Runner's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Fresno, CA
Age: 72
Posts: 199
Default Re: Windshield Trim, 2005 Xfire Ltd.

Here is a link for a really good How To for removing & replacing the Windshield Trim.

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Win...j9YRm42M8vnCHw

Last edited by Red Runner; 07-20-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.