TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

oil leak at front bolt under A/C

Old 08-31-2018, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak at front bolt under A/C

Hi, I've searched and read through the the TSBs and How-Tos, but to no avail.

My 2005 NA has an oil leak at what appears to be the front under A/C mounting bolt. The bolt seems to go thru a tab on the A/C and then into the block. The oil drip seems to come from under the bolt head. I've sealed the threads going into the block with Permatex Ultra black and put a copper washer under the bolt head. Some how there is still a drip-drip-drip leak.

What am I missing? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: oil leak at front bolt under A/C

Hi

I don't think it would be coming out of any of those bolts. It's more likely to be coming from something above and ending up down there. I'd check around the power steering pump and there's a small plate on the front of the engine were it can leak. It could also be coming out of the valve cover. I guess I'm trying to say that you should have a good look elsewhere for the source of the oil.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: oil leak at front bolt under A/C

Originally Posted by CL770
Hi

I don't think it would be coming out of any of those bolts. It's more likely to be coming from something above and ending up down there. I'd check around the power steering pump and there's a small plate on the front of the engine were it can leak. It could also be coming out of the valve cover. I guess I'm trying to say that you should have a good look elsewhere for the source of the oil.
Thanks for the reply. I've got it jacked higher now (with safety stands), so I can run the engine and check the places you mentioned. I don't see the small plate you mentioned. Is it behind the A/C pulley?

The valve cover gaskets are new and breathers just re-sealed with no leaks. It'd doesn't seem to be power steering fluid, but I'll re-check that.