CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   U.K. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/u-k/)
-   -   Front wing repeater lights (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/u-k/61473-front-wing-repeater-lights.html)

UK ken 05-22-2013 05:09 AM

Front wing repeater lights

Looking to purchase a pair of flat clear and red repeater units for the front and rear wing.

Have a standed UK clear front set..for swap or sale..no damage as new.

Any help out there?

UKKen:)

rayth 05-22-2013 11:19 AM

Re: Front wing repeater lights

Originally Posted by UK ken (Post 740861)
Looking to purchase a pair of flat clear and red repeater units for the front and rear wing.

Any help out there?

Are you talking about the side markers? If so, the US ones are amber in front and red in back, no clear unfortunately..

UK ken 05-22-2013 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 740888)
Are you talking about the side markers? If so, the US ones are amber in front and red in back, no clear unfortunately..

Thanks..I thought some time back on this site that clear markers we mentioned as a front option, Friend xfchris told me the same, not available clear:(

Ok, so its just the red i'm after now...Anyone have a pair for sale? I can then replace the rear amber reflectors..thre so naff looking on the best colour xfire. ;):)

UKKen
Black Coupe:cool:

rayth 05-22-2013 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by UK ken (Post 740895)
Thanks..I thought some time back on this site that clear markers we mentioned as a front option, Friend xfchris told me the same, not available clear:(

Ok, so its just the red i'm after now...Anyone have a pair for sale? I can then replace the rear amber reflectors..thre so naff looking on the best colour xfire. ;):)

UKKen

What you might be able to do is get a second set of the red rear ones and modify the car to have them in the front? The clear markers that you have are for the front only but can be made to fit the rear by drilling a new hole and expanding the notch (on the car, not the marker).. you may be able to do the same to the front marker area to get the red ones in front as well...

2nd option would be to get a second clear set and put them on the back so you match all the way around (that's what I have)

3rd option, get the amber fronts and red rear so that everything is flat and you don't have to modify anything, and then just tint all 4 so you can't see the color

Russ59 05-22-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by UK ken (Post 740895)
I can then replace the rear amber reflectors..thre so naff looking on the best colour xfire. ;):)

UKKen

I hate to see the amber reflectors on the rear so I just vinyl wrapped them in black to match the rest of the bumper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...R2/bth_024.jpg

Much neater ;)

UK DAVE 05-22-2013 06:48 PM

I replaced the rear markers for the red ones and wired them up to the rear lights....simple enough job ....

UK ken 05-23-2013 12:32 AM

UPDATE....Only looking for a RED set now...have located a amber set.

UKKen.:)

UK ken 05-25-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by UK DAVE (Post 740958)
I replaced the rear markers for the red ones and wired them up to the rear lights....simple enough job ....

My thoughts if I can locate a set.

ala_xfire 05-25-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by UK ken (Post 740861)

Any help out there?

cost + shipping to 36266 in US for the 'standard UK clear front set' ?

UK ken 05-25-2013 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire (Post 741271)
cost + shipping to 36266 in US for the 'standard UK clear front set' ?

I should have made it clear. I need a replacement pair for the clear fronts before I can sell, as I still need to be road legal.

Will contact when available.

ala_xfire 05-26-2013 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by UK ken (Post 741315)
I should have made it clear. I need a replacement pair for the clear fronts before I can sell, as I still need to be road legal.

Will contact when available.

Yes, I understood that. No problem.

UK ken 05-27-2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by rayth (Post 740888)

I was convinced I had seen clear flat front side repeater units...CTM Germany informed me that they were fitted to the Crossfire prototype only and never released for general sale.:(

A real shame, as there so smart with much more style than the clear domed one we have fitted here in the UK

UKKen

UK DAVE 05-27-2013 04:50 PM

For the rears on USA Ebay about £ 60.00 delivered ...

UK ken 05-28-2013 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by UK DAVE (Post 741531)
For the rears on USA Ebay about £ 60.00 delivered ...

Thanks for the nod..

rayth 05-28-2013 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by UK ken (Post 741503)
I was convinced I had seen clear flat front side repeater units...CTM Germany informed me that they were fitted to the Crossfire prototype only and never released for general sale.:(

A real shame, as there so smart with much more style than the clear domed one we have fitted here in the UK

UKKen

I agree, I think the flat clear ones would look great.. but I will say that replacing the front and rear with the same bubble-style clear ones doesn't look bad.. at any rate, having the front and rear match is essential, I think.. for me, the clear ones make the car look cleaner