CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   U.K. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/u-k/)
-   -   LPG conversion (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/u-k/69938-lpg-conversion.html)

ElenaB 12-04-2014 08:05 AM

LPG conversion

Would you buy a convertible crossfire that's had a gas conversion?

xfchris 12-04-2014 01:49 PM

Re: LPG conversion

personally i would`nt buy any gas converted crossfire, in a roadster the boot is tiny as it is, with a tank....:(...fuel consumption on a crossfire is quite reasonable for the kind of car it is, cant see the point in getting a sports car and worrying about fuel consumption...try running my F150 with a 5.4 V8.....thats fuel consumption...chris

crosscats 12-04-2014 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by ElenaB (Post 820636)
Would you buy a convertible crossfire that's had a gas conversion?

What xfchris said.
Some cars are well-suited to LPG, some not.
Putting LPG on my PT was one of the best decisions I've ever made with a car - but no way would I do it to the Crossfire
- there's not even a spare wheel well for the tank.
I know a few have been done but IMO it's inappropriate and impractical enough on a coupe, let alone a 'vert... ;)

xfchris 12-05-2014 10:00 AM

sorry elana forgot to add...hope you have recovered from your injuries and what was the outcome did they ever catch the b*****d who did it...chris

Larry Hitze 12-05-2014 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by xfchris (Post 820660)
personally i would`nt buy any gas converted crossfire, in a roadster the boot is tiny as it is, with a tank....:(...fuel consumption on a crossfire is quite reasonable for the kind of car it is, cant see the point in getting a sports car and worrying about fuel consumption...try running my F150 with a 5.4 V8.....thats fuel consumption...chris

Wow, do you have to sell a child every time you want to fill that F150 up over there?:p

xfchris 12-05-2014 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Hitze (Post 820737)
Wow, do you have to sell a child every time you want to fill that F150 up over there?:p

run out of children...looking for other things now...:p....its not tooo bad getting around 18 mpg, retired now so dont have a daily commute and dont forget our gallon is slightly bigger than US gallons although a lot more expensive...

ElenaB 12-05-2014 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by xfchris (Post 820721)
sorry elana forgot to add...hope you have recovered from your injuries and what was the outcome did they ever catch the b*****d who did it...chris

Hi
They did arrest the person but because the car was torched the same day there wasn't enough evidence to charge him so they let him go. I am on the mend but may need another operation. I have replaced my PT Cruiser convertible but not my Crossfire yet; there is one being advertised in Leamington but it's had a conversion, hence the question but I will stay away from it.
Thanks for all of your replies.

Larry Hitze 12-06-2014 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by xfchris (Post 820743)
run out of children...looking for other things now...:p....its not tooo bad getting around 18 mpg, retired now so dont have a daily commute and dont forget our gallon is slightly bigger than US gallons although a lot more expensive...

I shouldn't talk I just bought an AWD Durango, with a 6 I get around 23-24 highway. Still working for a couple more years though.

ringpsanner59 10-09-2015 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by ElenaB (Post 820760)
Hi
They did arrest the person but because the car was torched the same day there wasn't enough evidence to charge him so they let him go. I am on the mend but may need another operation. I have replaced my PT Cruiser convertible but not my Crossfire yet; there is one being advertised in Leamington but it's had a conversion, hence the question but I will stay away from it.
Thanks for all of your replies.

Think I might of bought the Crossfire you were looking at.
I recently bought a Grey one with LPG, runs great. As this is my everyday car and near me is the cheapest LPG at 40p per litre it was a good choice.