CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   U.K. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/u-k/)
-   -   Car seat airbag deactivator (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/u-k/72555-car-seat-airbag-deactivator.html)

westonrose 09-13-2015 02:24 AM

Car seat airbag deactivator

Hi there has anyone used the mercedes child seat airbag deactivator with any success ?
Need to find a way to turn off airbags to passenger side .

pioneer4x4 09-13-2015 06:00 AM

Re: Car seat airbag deactivator

Originally Posted by westonrose (Post 847605)
Hi there has anyone used the mercedes child seat airbag deactivator with any success ?

isn't there a key activated switch inside the passenger door? check the owners manual.

onehundred80 09-13-2015 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4 (Post 847608)
isn't there a key activated switch inside the passenger door? check the owners manual.

UK cars do not have that switch, children must not be seated in rearward facing seats in a Crossfire,
That comes from my UK SRT6 Users Manual.

I am not sure what the OP means when he says Mercedes deactivation.:confused:

ala_xfire 09-13-2015 09:51 AM

Pioneer4x4, I don't know if you have realized it yet, but onehundred80 is this forum's version of wikipedia.
He is an inexhaustible source of knowledge, although sometimes with a bit of a sharp edge.

pioneer4x4 09-13-2015 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 847617)
Pioneer4x4, I don't know if you have realized it yet, but onehundred80 is this forum's version of wikipedia.
He is an inexhaustible source of knowledge, although sometimes with a bit of a sharp edge.

Yep, I know.
ALso, I saw the thread in the new posts, but missed that it was in the U.K. thread.

westonrose 09-13-2015 11:59 AM

Hi there the uk crossfire doesnt have the side key unfortunately.The deactivators I have seen are part of a child seat and sends a signal to the airbags to stop them activating.I am not sure how powerful the airbags are when deployed maybe enough to do more harm than good.
Many thanks in advance

onehundred80 09-13-2015 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 847617)

I wish I was, but what I know is just through common sense, reading this forum for 10 years and a touch of genius - sorry, that last part is a lie, it's more than a touch.
I am said to have a sharp edge, I admit that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, I am the sharpest in a days march.:p

UK-SRT6 09-16-2015 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by westonrose (Post 847605)

Not available on UK cars.