U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

spare key

Old 07-18-2019, 02:01 PM
Administrator
Received 877 Likes on 683 Posts
Default Re: spare key

Originally Posted by Chempro
Just ordered a virgin chip from Auto Moto Kris (ID46) will update if it programs as stated on there with the dealer replacements .
"... if it programs as stated on there with the dealer replacements."
What does that mean?

Old 07-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
"... if it programs as stated on there with the dealer replacements."
What does that mean?
Some people said that they purchased key from dealer not programmed and the car completed the program. See previous posts - press open button 2 times and start car. I hope this works.
I will try next week otherwise I will need to find a dealer who still has diagnostic programmer for Chrysler.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 PM
Administrator

That is how you program the remote control to lock/unlock doors. That is all that does.

The RFID chip in the key is what allows the SKREEEM to enable the ECM to engage the starter. The RFID chip has to be encoded to the VIN-specific code stored in the SKREEM, you cant do that yourself, and dealers cannot do it, either. THat information is held tight to the chest by the sub-contractor to Chrysler that handles such information.

One of the things members here are trying to do is to "Clone" the RFID chip in the key. So far, no one has been able to.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
That is how you program the remote control to lock/unlock doors. That is all that does.

The RFID chip in the key is what allows the SKREEEM to enable the ECM to engage the starter. The RFID chip has to be encoded to the VIN-specific code stored in the SKREEM, you cant do that yourself, and dealers cannot do it, either. THat information is held tight to the chest by the sub-contractor to Chrysler that handles such information.

One of the things members here are trying to do is to "Clone" the RFID chip in the key. So far, no one has been able to.
Have you noticed how many times ‘ some people’ keep cropping up as experts? Who are they?

Old 07-19-2019, 10:47 AM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ys-no-fob.html

If its any help and you have 1 original key and need a spare see above thread.
Probably not a good idea if you live in a dodgy neighbourhood

Old 07-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Have you noticed how many times ‘ some people’ keep cropping up as experts? Who are they?
I think they are like "some girls", you know, that the Rolling Stones sing about in that one song from 30 years ago.....

Old 09-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Chempro I know how you feel $799. for a key that costs more than a Rollsr Royce or Aston Martin Key this is a rip off. I had 2 working keys with my used Crossfire everyone said buy a cheap ebay case well I did and the dam thing did not seal and when it hit the ground it popped apart and the transponder popped out and went everywhere on a black road looked everywhere. These places like Needs wings have us by the ***** and dont care to pay for a key half the price what I paid for the car. These Crossfires no matter what condition from pristine to rags will all be in a junk yard with no way of fixing it or finding a way to disable a security system on a car not worth much. Chrysler and Mercedes killed these cars long ago. So until someone smart enought to disable skreem well will all be towing are cars to a junk yard in the next 5 to 10 years unless we convert them to electric and remove all the engines and junk electronics .I went to my local Chrysler stealership quoted me $400 but no ETA . so if you damage you last key or loose it your screwed .

Old 09-07-2019, 01:09 PM

Hi Manlow38,

I have give up trying to get a replacement and guard my one key like the crown jewels. Since I changed the case to an eBay one its a bit more temperamental with the central locking. Sometimes standing for 5 minutes trying to get it to lock though I wonder is the batteries a bit loose in the new case?
I did try placing the micro chip beside the barrel but then the central locking did not work. I even ordered a blank chip but unless someone works out a way to program it I am no further forward.
Mercedes should be ashamed of there selves withholding the program of an old car they were involved with.
My little car is mint with only 50k and its so much fun to drive and it would be a real pity if became a paperweight as some people on here said.
Good luck.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Re: spare key

Originally Posted by Chempro
Hi Manlow38,

I have give up trying to get a replacement and guard my one key like the crown jewels. Since I changed the case to an eBay one its a bit more temperamental with the central locking. Sometimes standing for 5 minutes trying to get it to lock though I wonder is the batteries a bit loose in the new case?
I did try placing the micro chip beside the barrel but then the central locking did not work. I even ordered a blank chip but unless someone works out a way to program it I am no further forward.
Mercedes should be ashamed of there selves withholding the program of an old car they were involved with.
My little car is mint with only 50k and its so much fun to drive and it would be a real pity if became a paperweight as some people on here said.
Good luck.
Thank you Chempro I will be getting my car inspected tomorrow my Crossfire is not as mint as yours . But runs great I have been doing work on it about a year now as I could afford to my car has 146,000 with clearcoat peel Blaze Red and no A/C the compressor does not engage anyway MB and Chrysler should be ashamed. I was posting on another guys thread and some here hate I mentioned my key issue several times and can slury and sarcastic and I have been called out by 2 members about my car and what I paid for it and it was not a 10 point car and one sent me a private message to bully me said he didn't want me to mention the Crossfire could end up in the breakers yard as each fails to be remedied esp with this Skreem and key issues which can leave each of our cars worthless and sitting in a breakers yard. I had asked those who have been like mean girls or bullies to just not respond to my posts if they don't like what I have to say . One member said I was discouraging some from buying the car but if I knew all this perhaps I would not have bought this car I would rather speak the truth. I feel some on these forums hate someone to speak the truth . I mentioned I took my Crossfire to be inspected and I begged please please please treat the key like a precious treasure because I have no way to replace the key or Skreem if they fail or key is broken or lost I said the key is worth more than the car . Best of luck to you . I have Irish ancestors I am also American Indian and English . thanks for your kind comments