UK parts etc - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:56 AM

Default UK parts etc

Hi all,

My wife has just picked up her Crossfire over the weekend, I am currently working on servicing the car (12 plugs and 8 litres of oil wasn't really expected!) anyway, I know that for mechanical parts it should be fairly easy to get as its a Mercedes etc where in the UK is it best to get spare parts?

I can see that the inside of the headlights are mucky owing to the poorly designed breather - will be getting some methanol soon, but if I were to need replacement headlights, where should I look?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-11-2018, 03:57 AM
Default Re: UK parts etc

Hi Mitch,

If the engine is running fine then I would not waste your time changing the plugs unless the previous set have done 100,000 miles or more. You can pick up Mobile One 0W/40 on Ebay at a reasonable price and most people use online parts companies for engine and brake stuff and breakers for other parts.

With regards to headlights, you will be lucky to find any new for ones, Fiat Chrysler have a few in stock but they will cost 500-600 each. I would try polishing the front first.
I would have bet good money the inside of mine were dirty and even bought methanol to rinse them and then found out that you cannot remove the headlights without dropping the front bumper however I used one of the restoration kits on them and they are now fine (no longer an advisory on MOT).

If you do Facebook, I would join British Crossfires and UK Crossfire Owners groups, lots of help and advice there and postings for Crossfire events and get-togethers if that is your sort of thing?

Might see you about, we are not far away.

Grey N/A Coupe
Old 06-12-2018, 05:55 PM

Default Re: UK parts etc

As above, you'll struggle to find new headlights easily, replace the stock breathers with something called 'duck bill valves' it cured my misting problem, you might find an old post of mine on here somewhere with a photo of the rubber duck bill valves, but if not just google them.

I found mine in an odds and ends box at work, but you should be able to get them for a few pence on the net.