U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

2006 Won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Won’t start

Went to start today and nothing happens. Battery good, doors etc open, everything works but when turn the key nothing, tired another battery just in case (as spoiler has deployed). All the dash lights come on but no difference apart from it did make 1 effort to crack over but that was only for about 2seconds.
Any suggestions on what to check next?

Old 05-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Won’t start

Discconect the battery for a few minutes, clean both terminals and the ground at the fender from the negative cable. After reconnected try to start; If you get two attempts ( car usually starts for 2 seconds then stops) after that you can not even get the starter to engage you have a problem with the SKREEM module. Use the search box for SKREEM, all kinds of info, but in a nut shell you will need to purchase a replacement from needswings.com about $700. There are a couple other sites that can attempt a repair of the module. You can find them in the threads on the SKREEM problems.

The other possablity is a problem with the RCM Relay Control Module. But it will give a little different start problem than what you have described. Please follow the info in the first paragraph then let us know exactly what happened.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the advice.....was a simple fix after all that.....the keys needed to be re-synchronised.....saved a major expense thankfully.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by bamp
Thanks for the advice.....was a simple fix after all that.....the keys needed to be re-synchronised.....saved a major expense thankfully.
Synchronizing the keys only means you can open the doors remotely it does not help in starting the car. The fob has two separate functions, one is to open the door and the other to start the car. The first consists of a transmitter and the second a transponder chip.
I fear you still have your initial problem if in fact there was one.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:23 PM

The doors would already open with the fob, all the lights on the dash came on but the engine just wouldn’t start. I followed the instructions from the dealer to try synchronise the keys....and now the car starts perfectly on both keys.
Only time will tell if it was that simple or there are other underlying issues yet to surface.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:44 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by bamp
The doors would already open with the fob, all the lights on the dash came on but the engine just wouldn’t start. I followed the instructions from the dealer to try synchronise the keys....and now the car starts perfectly on both keys.
Only time will tell if it was that simple or there are other underlying issues yet to surface.
I know the doors opened, you said so in post #1, I was answering your second post.

Old 05-18-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by zip439
Discconect the battery for a few minutes, clean both terminals and the ground at the fender from the negative cable. After reconnected try to start; If you get two attempts ( car usually starts for 2 seconds then stops) after that you can not even get the starter to engage you have a problem with the SKREEM module. Use the search box for SKREEM, all kinds of info, but in a nut shell you will need to purchase a replacement from needswings.com about $700. There are a couple other sites that can attempt a repair of the module. You can find them in the threads on the SKREEM problems.

The other possablity is a problem with the RCM Relay Control Module. But it will give a little different start problem than what you have described. Please follow the info in the first paragraph then let us know exactly what happened.

I have the same problem with 2005 w/only 28000 mi. I thought it only needed a new battery, Dealer said battery & alternator were good after charge, then starts right up & runs great, next day won't start again do I have same prob. or something diff.