CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   West Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/west-forum/)
-   -   Bay Area Crossfire Meet! Attempt Two. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/west-forum/30992-bay-area-crossfire-meet-attempt-two.html)

brian_omeara07 01-13-2009 12:46 AM

Bay Area Crossfire Meet! Attempt Two.

So the last one got rained out... anyone up for some fun over MLK weekend?

cgates 01-13-2009 06:42 PM

Re: Bay Area Crossfire Meet! Attempt Two.

Originally Posted by brian_omeara07
So the last one got rained out... anyone up for some fun over MLK weekend?

Wish I could, but I already have plans.

I'm open to the following weekend, Jan 24/25.

Anyone interested in Santa Cruz or Monterey area?

brian_omeara07 01-14-2009 12:05 AM

I live in Monterey so of course I'm in for that! and yeah lets switch it up to the last weekend of January...annnnybody?

brian_omeara07 01-14-2009 12:09 AM

And I think Santa Cruz is a little prettier in my humble opinion, but depending on where everyone is we can move it around, i'm up for wherever.

SteveS 01-14-2009 02:22 AM

so, last weekend ? ... (24/25)

I could get up for Monterrey then ... what are you two thinking?

With a bit of luck and a lot of emails, I might be able to influence a few others as well ... need to have some idea of what to tell them regarding at least a general plan ...

ejavis1 01-14-2009 10:30 AM

Count me In! Just let me know where and when for sure!:cool:

cgates 01-14-2009 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SteveS
so, last weekend ? ... (24/25)

I could get up for Monterrey then ... what are you two thinking?

With a bit of luck and a lot of emails, I might be able to influence a few others as well ... need to have some idea of what to tell them regarding at least a general plan ...

there is always the Carmel Valley run out to Arroyo Seca and back up via River Rd

all two lane road and windy, about 100 mile loop.

Santa Cruz is good too, any suggestions that keep us out of the traffic would be good up there.

spotsbimmer 01-14-2009 06:03 PM

Okay I'm in, I kinda like the Napa venue that was proposed last time.

SteveS 01-14-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by spotsbimmer
Okay I'm in, I kinda like the Napa venue that was proposed last time.

that's me who's working on that one ... waiting for a break in the weather that will give us a bit more lead time to pull it all together ... probably a little later in the spring ... if we'd have known this stretch of good weather was going to happen, we could maybe have pulled it off this week ...

SteveS 01-14-2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by SteveS
so, the last weekend ? ... (24/25)
I could get up for Monterrey then ...

well, THAT's a bummer ... turns out that while I COULD get up for a GTG that weekend, I actually won't be doing so ... I've just learned that Sat, 1/24 is the birthday party for our little 2 yo grand-daughter and we've got plans to join her at the zoo, petting goats and other animals ...

if you guys DO pull this off, think of me and how much I'd LIKE to have been there but will be pretending to have a good time with the goats ... crap!

brian_omeara07 01-14-2009 10:19 PM

haha well we've obviously got the interest, and no reason to rush it, a GTG with only a couple people isn't as fun as one with say...7 or more...

Email who you can steve! and then once we get a number of people who are in, and how far everyone is willing to drive, we can set up a couple options and make a poll on here to decide.

so as of right now....lets extend it out a bit.

Saturday, the 31st of January. That way its close enough to scratch the itch til' napa, and be far enough away to plan.

BTW....anyone know of a strip or something in the monterey area...I wanna drive fast but I like to do it legally. (Military so just moved out here, dont know the area too well)

SteveS 01-14-2009 10:24 PM

OK ... Jan 31 it is ... I'll do all I can to drive some attendance ...

I've been to Monterrey and Carmel a number of times, but am not familiar enough with the area to suggest a spot for 'fast' driving ... I'll have to defer to someone else on that one ...

I'll get some emails out in the morning and will check back here with what I learn, when I learn it ...

SteveS 01-14-2009 10:27 PM

BUT ... for some very SCENIC driving, there is the 17mile drive ...

http://www.pebblebeach.com/page.asp?...ile_Drive_Main

fabulous photo ops ... maybe we could be on a page of the 2010 Crossfire calendar

brian_omeara07 01-14-2009 11:57 PM

17 Mile would be pretty cool...dont know how fast we could push it but never hurts to just flat out ask. and yes very SCENIC, bout it...

I asked a cop once if he cared if i practiced j-turns in an abandoned parking lot in salinas...he just asked if he could watch. lol.

Lets get an attendance list started, copy and update yourself:

---Jan 31st---

1. Brian_omeara07
2. SteveS

Wedge 01-15-2009 12:26 AM

Would love to but Jan 31st is a no go for me :(

brian_omeara07 01-15-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Wedge
Would love to but Jan 31st is a no go for me :(

dang that sucks. Sorry to hear... :(

maxcichon 01-15-2009 11:15 AM

Dang!!

I was just in SF Jan 3 thru Jan 9. Wish I'ld known.

No car, but would have been nice to meet up!

SteveS 01-15-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Dang!!
I was just in SF Jan 3 thru Jan 9. Wish I'ld known.
No car, but would have been nice to meet up!

me too, man ... me too ...

brian_omeara07 01-15-2009 01:57 PM

damn, oh well. we'll catch each other at some point no doubt.

cgates 01-15-2009 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by brian_omeara07
17 Mile would be pretty cool...dont know how fast we could push it but never hurts to just flat out ask. and yes very SCENIC, bout it...

I asked a cop once if he cared if i practiced j-turns in an abandoned parking lot in salinas...he just asked if he could watch. lol.

Lets get an attendance list started, copy and update yourself:

---Jan 31st---

1. Brian_omeara07
2. SteveS

Jan 31th works, a week before people start showing up for the AT&T Pro-Am, should be decent, traffic wise in the area.

Let's stay out of 17 mile drive, cost about $10 just to drive on their road. Too much traffic anytime but real bad on weekends, heck we could just cruise down the coast to Nepenthe and have lunch and much better views. About a 30 mile drive from Carmel

A place to drive fast in Monterey, not that I really know of, though you never know what "feels" right when you're on the road and push the throttle down.

Brian, Navy? at NPS?