CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   New Wheels and Tire Sensors (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/22412-new-wheels-tire-sensors.html)

Rkiser 03-06-2008 05:11 AM

New Wheels and Tire Sensors

If you change the wheels do you have to get tire sensors, or will the low air light come on? I would like to change to chrome on my ' 05 . The owners manual mentions don't change the wheels. :( I am new to the forum. I have learned a lot reading posts. But I haven't seen any discusion on this; other than somebody put new sensors in there new rims and the light went off. I have had a blast with the car. I wasted time and money on pony cars in the past. (I still have a '06) (love the new body) But I believe I got more bang for the buck with the XFire. This thing runs circles around the stang. My car is stock with 12,000 one (old -geez) owner miles. I have to admit he took car of it. I too, drive like an old geez. (Just don't try and race.) I have a tendacy to feed the oats. :D Get up and go is outrageous. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

spensley 03-06-2008 08:57 AM

Re: New Wheels and Tire Sensors

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed - but you say you've searched.
From what I remember from other posts, I think it will throw the TPMS light, and I can't remember whether that can be fixed by pulling a fuse or not. I don't know the cost of new sensors or whether you can use the existing ones, or whether any 'reprogramming' of new sensors to the unit will be required.
Not much help I know, but it's better than any of the other replies you have!!!

SRT6 Dan 03-06-2008 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Rkiser
If you change the wheels do you have to get tire sensors, or will the low air light come on? I would like to change to chrome on my '05 . The owners manual mentions don't change the wheels. :( I am new to the forum. I have learned a lot reading posts. But I haven't seen any discusion on this; other than somebody put new sensors in there new rims and the light went off. I have had a blast with the car. I wasted time and money on pony cars in the past. (I still have a '06) (love the new body) But I believe I got more bang for the buck with the XFire. This thing runs circles around the stang. My car is stock with 12,000 one (old -geez) owner miles. I have to admit he took car of it. I too, drive like an old geez. (Just don't try and race.) I have a tendacy to feed the oats. :D Get up and go is outrageous. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

You can reuse the sensors in the new wheels !

Steve Hellums 03-07-2008 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rkiser
If you change the wheels do you have to get tire sensors, or will the low air light come on? I would like to change to chrome on my ' 05 . The owners manual mentions don't change the wheels. :( I am new to the forum. I have learned a lot reading posts. But I haven't seen any discusion on this; other than somebody put new sensors in there new rims and the light went off. I have had a blast with the car. I wasted time and money on pony cars in the past. (I still have a '06) (love the new body) But I believe I got more bang for the buck with the XFire. This thing runs circles around the stang. My car is stock with 12,000 one (old -geez) owner miles. I have to admit he took car of it. I too, drive like an old geez. (Just don't try and race.) I have a tendacy to feed the oats. :D Get up and go is outrageous. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

The OEM TPM sensors will work on some aftermarket wheels, but not all. I wanted to use the OEM sensors on my new Stern wheels, but the tire guy was worried they would not seal right. I was there and could see what he was talking about, so I went with regular chrome valve stems and removed the indicator light out of the dash.