Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

ordered my rims!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered my rims!!!

i can't wait. i just made the order so i should have them soon. i got the stern st6 hyperblack finish in a 18x8.5 35et and 20x10 38et. i was very impressed with the people i got it from. i emailed them about 2weeks ago asking about fitment and special orders since they're an ebay store and only carried packages that had the same size. when i got on the phone to order, after telling the guy that i emailed them about different sizes he knew exactly who i was and had the correct sizes ready for our discussion. total shipped came out to $825 . i chose 20's on the rear because after searching, there's just more tire options in that size.

here's a teaser pick.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Default Re: ordered my rims!!!

Where did you order them?
Can you give me their info?
Thanks
________
Live Sex Webshows

Last edited by boricua1; 08-20-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:46 AM
THREE 6S

Not a fan of 5 spokes but those are sharp. Will pics follow after install?

Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Forum Regular

just look on ebay for stern st6 and you'll find them. also the seller is elitewholesale.

i'll definantly be posting pics good or bad once they're on.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Forum Regular

really nice, good choice

Old 04-21-2008, 02:58 PM

I like the look. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Forum Regular

WOW!

Thats a beauty.

So you called him up to make you a 5x112 bolt patterned wheel? Because im looking at his ebay website and it shows the wheel you chose as 5x114.3..

Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GDrag
WOW!

Thats a beauty.

So you called him up to make you a 5x112 bolt patterned wheel? Because im looking at his ebay website and it shows the wheel you chose as 5x114.3..
you must look harder. they have several with different lug patterns from 18-20" with many different offsets. you must have just looked at on ad.

here, i'll help.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/Elites...843991QQsofpZ0

this is just for this style. they have alot of others to choose from. wouldn't want everybody to scoop up the same wheels......lol.

Last edited by tashspop; 04-23-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Forum Regular

i learned/seen about hub centric to keep the wheels true and centered in another thread. anyway, i asked the seller about that and he said they're a perfect fit for my car and the are lug centric which achieves the same thing. am i covered here, or should i prepair to budget in some centric spacers/adapters?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by tashspop
i can't wait. i just made the order so i should have them soon. i got the stern st6 hyperblack finish in a 18x8.5 35et and 20x10 38et. i was very impressed with the people i got it from. i emailed them about 2weeks ago asking about fitment and special orders since they're an ebay store and only carried packages that had the same size. when i got on the phone to order, after telling the guy that i emailed them about different sizes he knew exactly who i was and had the correct sizes ready for our discussion. total shipped came out to $825 . i chose 20's on the rear because after searching, there's just more tire options in that size.

here's a teaser pick.
VERY NICE!

Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

tashspop, this is one of the better 5 spoke wheels I have seen. Very nice choice. I would love to put new wheels on but I have too many mods sitting in the garage to install now. (That means I have spent my allowance) Dont forget to post pics when you get them on!

MikeR

Old 05-10-2008, 07:10 PM

these have got to be the most beautifull rims i've ever seen

Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 PM

The wheels are off the hook buddy! I want a set. Do you have any issues with the tire-pressure sensors? Do you have pic's of them yet? Let me kow how they ride?

Old 05-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Forum Regular

i'm just waiting to get tires installed. can you believe nobody in my area has a rear tire in the size that i need!!!!!!!!! i'm ordering from a firestone tire shop today. they said it should be a week to arrive. i'm getting the potenza re760 sports. they have really good reviews, and look more trick than my ps2's do. better yet their tread rating is a nice 340. i'm just transfering the front tires over to the new wheels since they are in like new shape still and same size.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet. Pics please!

Old 05-11-2008, 10:25 AM

Nice, very nice.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 PM

Keep us posted bro!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm, they look pretty slick. Kind of reminds me of a future robot with the arms and legs spread apart! Congrats and can't wait to see them on your car.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Forum Regular

well, i got them on. i haven't gotten a pic yet because my wife put the camera somewhere and i can't find it. haven't searched everywhere though yet. expect a pic soon.

getting this done has been a very bad experience. at first it started out good. i ordered some bridgestone potenza re760 sport tires for the rear and paid only for the tires. once they arrived, i expected to pay for mounting, and switching over my tpm sensors, and to move the front tires over to the new rims. the manager said oh, we'll just do it no charge. so we start the install. after about an hour, a guy came out to me and said we have a problem. short story, they ripped one of my ps2's along the sidewall and offer to warrenty it out for a primewell. i go for it even though the tire is only a $104 tire over my $300 ps2. so the install continues. another 1 1/2 hours later i see my car come off the rack and break lights come on. excited now! my car starts rocking, then nothing. i'm thinking the car is stuck on the rack. he comes out and says my lug bolts are too long on the rear and are hitting the emergency break. he sends me to discount tire to get new ones. once those are on, he pulls out and then i hear a little tic tic tic tic. they are still hitting. but lightly. i decide its very minor and i'll drive home and get some spacers. i make it about 15ft and it gets alot worse so i stop.

i tell them and i'm off hunting for spacers. i find some 1/4" and bring them back. i had to leave at that point for a b-day party. later he calls me back and says we ran into another problem. one lug broke off, and another one striped out the hole. you need a new spindle and bearing. the soonest chrysler can get us one is on tuesday. i explain that i need to have my car monday because its my daily driver to work. he says let me look more and i'll call you back.

later, he says i got it working for now be retheading the stiped hole and 4 lugs are holding it. i've ordered the parts and they'll be here tuesday so this should work for now. bring in 4 new lug bolts because the threads are bad now on 4 of these.

also, btw he says i'll put on the new parts but you have to pay for them. don't worry, i'm using my discount and its only $180 for the new spindle and bearing.

i ask discount tire about the situation and they say the firestone shop is liable for full cost of repair, since they worked on the car and caused the problem, even though i brought in my own wheels to be installed. i hope they are right.

i get my car and it seems good in town. i hit the highway and over 40, i start to feel shake in the steering. it get worse as i speed up. 60 and i can bearly hold the steering wheel. crap!! my cousin rides beside me and says the new front tire they put on is bouncing. it was getting late so i just go home. i called this morning, and the manager says it just a balancing issure and his best guy is out today. bring it in monday because i don't want anybody else working on your car. i understand that. so now i have to miss some work too over this.

Last edited by tashspop; 05-18-2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy! Sorry you had to go through all that just getting new rims put on.

Last edited by Mimi05SRT6; 05-18-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: ordered my rims!!!