Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Anyone had experience with Parts Geek Rotor and Pad sets?

Old 03-07-2023, 02:51 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone had experience with Parts Geek Rotor and Pad sets?

Parts Geek is showing a complete set for front and rear brakes, with 4 new rotors, 4 sets of low dust ceramic pads, brake wear sensors, stainless steel installation hardware, and the lubricant, as a complete kit for $216.00 plus shipping. Anyone bought one of these kits? All the reviews are 5 stars, and from verified purchasers. I am really tempted to order a set, but wanted to hear what everyone on this site had to say about this.
Thanks All!

Old 03-07-2023, 06:41 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts
Default Re: Anyone had experience with Parts Geek Rotor and Pad sets?

Originally Posted by BrushRoadster!
Parts Geek is showing a complete set for front and rear brakes, with 4 new rotors, 4 sets of low dust ceramic pads, brake wear sensors, stainless steel installation hardware, and the lubricant, as a complete kit for $216.00 plus shipping. Anyone bought one of these kits? All the reviews are 5 stars, and from verified purchasers. I am really tempted to order a set, but wanted to hear what everyone on this site had to say about this.
Thanks All!

Please post the link to it?

Old 03-07-2023, 08:26 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Looks like it's this brake kit. Only thing I would worry about is they don't tell you exactly whose rotors, brake pads, etc. are included in kit. Stating it is OEM quality hardware leaves things wide open to interpretation. Now having said that, I have bought parts from Parts Geek and always received quality parts. But I was looking for something specific. (I stand corrected - Website does state kit is sourced from Power Stop - Senior Moment!.) If kit is OEM quality, no performance improvement is expected if purchased. Not sure I would do that if going to all this work. If you're satisfied with the OEM brake system that came on the Crossfire, this kit is probably a good buy since you get everything you need. I still have the OEM brakes on my 2007 Coupe (30k on the ODO) and they work just fine.

I found this by searching for BRAKE KIT after I loaded in my 2007 Crossfire.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 03-07-2023 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-07-2023, 09:12 AM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

If you do buy these, please post a review.

Old 03-07-2023, 04:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Pulled the trigger and ordered the set today. There is only ONE brake wear sensor included, because only the LEFT FRONT WHEEL has a provision for it. It looks like everything else is part of it. I will report on it when I receive the kit, and then when I do the work. With shipping and tax, it came to $285.

I contemplated putting on better brakes, but my biggest concern already is that I can stop better than all the cars behind me right now, and I'm always worried about being rear-ended, especially since the seat back rests against the fuel tank. I have yet to get my Crossfire to skid, unless it is on loose gravel. I drove very fast on my trip last summer, being over 100 mph a lot of the time in Wyoming. The speed limit there is 80, and nearly everyone was doing 90 or better, so if you are going to pass a semi, you will easily be at 110 or better. I saw 125 several times. For the car, it seemed effortless. I kept an eye on the oil temp and the water temp, but they never budged from below normal. There was no vibration, or squirreliness, and the car was as solid as s rock, just like my Jaguar at high speeds. Since everyone there is driving that fast, it was very much like driving 75 everywhere else. The truck drivers and everyone else seemed quite competent, unlike the drivers in Arizona, where you never know what they will do next. I never saw any speed enforcement during my entire time in that state, and the roads are the best I have ever seen ANYWHERE. Glass smooth all the time! I drive a LOT more conservatively most of the time, and I find the Crossfire brakes quite awesome as they are now. Since I am satisfied with the original brake system, the parts I remove (rotors) I will have turned so they are ready to install again on the next brake job. I did the same with my Jaguar XK-8, keeping a stock on hand so I don't have to park the car while waiting for parts. The pads I had already ordered and received will also go on the shelf. Once I get this kit, I will then be capable of doing a complete brake job in a single day when the car needs it.

Although my brake warning light is on, when I pulled the wheels to check how close I was to damaging the rotors, I found there was LOTS of brake pad left. It will probably take a week to get the kit, and I am quite comfortable driving the car in the meantime. So the situation with this is that when you see the brake pad warning light come on, you have a couple weeks (at least!) to get going on getting the parts for replacement. Actually, you could probably drive for a couple months with the light on. This is far different than my Harley or my Saturn. When you get a brake warning with either of those, you will be grinding into the rotors in about another 10 miles.

Auto Geek offers the same kits, but with improved rotors and pads, and prices are higher for better brake systems, if you want them, but they ARE available. I am not capable of posting links, so am unable to do anything more than tell people where this web site is.,.

Old 03-09-2023, 09:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Double post, sorry.

Last edited by Rob M; 03-09-2023 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 09:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently put the Powerstop Z17 pad kits on our FPace and StingerGT2. They are a good performing and economical pad choice for daily drivers. Low dust, and they are quiet. And with the rubber shims, no need to mess with grease like with the higher performance Z23 and Z26 pad kits. I might put them on my Crossfire some day, lol, 28K miles on original pads/rotors.

The following users liked this post:
BrushRoadster! (03-10-2023)