Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Factory Wheel Alignment

Old 05-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Factory Wheel Alignment

I've had my xfire for about a month now and what do you know. a huge pothole seemed to find my front left tire right on. needless to say, alignment was then off... so i took it in that day to get it aligned and hope for the best (nothing broken/bent). turns out it was in fact just out of alignment and nothing was out of place or broken (WHEW!)

However, the mechanic at the shop (a shop myself and my dad have gone to for years) told me that in most cases. new cars, are not always aligned correctly from the factory. he said that in most cases they are aligned to make them drive true, but in fact are not aligned perfectly and may cause uneven tire wear... i just thought i'd put this information out there. take it as you will. this obviously won't apply to anyone who has already had an aligment seeing as their problem (if there was one) would haev be addressed during that time...

just looking out for the new owners like myself.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory Wheel Alignment

My factory alignment is crap. The front camber is nearly positive and it has too much toe-in for my taste. It's understeering like a pig and feathering the outside of the front tires BAD.

My brother will roll it up on the dealer's Hunter alignment rack when I put the KDW2s on. Then I pick the settings.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Opticon
My factory alignment is crap. The front camber is nearly positive and it has too much toe-in for my taste.
you won't be able to do anything with the camber without correction bolts or some other non-standard part(s)

Old 05-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Forum Regular

Noted.

Thanks.