CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   Continentals vs. Michelins (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/24946-continentals-vs-michelins.html)

smokey847 05-26-2008 06:32 PM

Continentals vs. Michelins

My car is equipped with the Continental tires, which from what i've read appear to be the more expensive option. I know this is probably a stupid question, but what are the differences in the two tires? Will one outperform the other? Thanks!;)

RPM 05-26-2008 06:39 PM

Re: Continentals vs. Michelins

Contis - all season
Michelins - summer (I believe)
On dry roads, bettter grip = Michelins.
On wet/icy roads, better grip = Contis.

Valk 05-26-2008 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Contis - all season
Michelin's - summer (I believe)
On dry roads, better grip = Michelin's.

That is correct. I have the Michelin PS2 summer tires.
I have 30,000 miles on the originals and I love them.
Many others here will disagree.
Ran 70 in heavy rain for several hours going down to the Dragon.
Also drove the Dragon while wet and never slipped once.
Lots of choices for these cars for sure.
www.tirerack.com is a popular website to compare your options.

SRT6nTulsa 05-26-2008 08:09 PM

I am absolutely pleased with my PS2s. I will probably purchase another set when the time comes. I'll probably go with 275/30R19 in the rear.

<EDITED> I've heard from other members that the PS2s do well in the rain. Snow is a different story. </EDITED>

Mike-in-Orange 05-26-2008 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Contis - all season
Michelins - summer (I believe)
On dry roads, bettter grip = Michelins.

That all depends on which Continental tires you're talking about. My Limited Roadster is shod with the ContiSportContact 2 which tirerack.com shows as a Max Performance Summer tire, same as the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.

Several weeks ago when a bunch of us SoCal Crossfire owners got together there was an SRT6 with original ContiProContact tires on it, and those are all season tires.

Just an FYI

badseed1 05-26-2008 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
That is correct. I have the Michelin PS2 summer tires.
I have 30.000 miles on the originals and I love them.
Many others here will disagree.
Lots of choices for these cars for sure.
www.tirerack.com is a popular website to compare your options.

Tire rack is where its at!

We buy Kumho's for the Corvette all the time, $88 a pop.

tashspop 05-27-2008 01:05 AM

i had the ps2's, and they were pretty good. you're right about water handling, very good. i didn't get another set mostly because of price, and went with some potenza re760 sports. the new tires allow me to pull harder, so better traction. but i went with a wider tire too. my co-worker had the continental all weather on his car and he had more road noise, and would spin easier than my car did with the ps2's.

Black SRT 05-27-2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by smokey847
My car is equipped with the Continental tires, which from what i've read appear to be the more expensive option. I know this is probably a stupid question, but what are the differences in the two tires? Will one outperform the other? Thanks!;)

I bought these and they are way better that the Cont. all seasons. Oh I like your sig. where did you get the pic? ;) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+S.4.&i ndex=1&vehicleSearch=true&frontTire=24WR8ADS4XL&re arTire=535YR9ADS4XL&place=1&minSpeedRating=V&speed _rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rati ng=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&minLoad=S