Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Anyone Tried SRT6 Brembo Rotors?

Old 06-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Anyone Tried SRT6 Brembo Rotors?

I just noticed that Brembo cross-drilled rotors are now available for the SRT6. I'm interested in replacing my stock rotors with these. I searched, and could not find any reviews. And, before I get too far ahead of myself, I will not hit the track. ($505 for rotors with holes seems ridiculous, doesn't it?) I want them because my college buddies with track model 350Zs and Boxter S vehicles already have them. As long as they operate as reliably as stock, I'm happy. My main objective is making everything hassle-free. I have the Disc Italia titanium kevlar pads already.

Has anyone tried these cross-drilled Brembo rotors yet?

Front Rotors:
http://www.brakeworld.com/catalog.as...oc=front&desc=

Rear Rotors:
http://www.brakeworld.com/catalog.as...loc=rear&desc=

Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Default Re: Anyone Tried SRT6 Brembo Rotors?

i just think 505 is ridiculous because it wont make you stop any faster. it just will get rid of brake fade

Old 06-22-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Voyager
i just think 505 is ridiculous because it wont make you stop any faster. it just will get rid of brake fade
I don't take the 6 to road courses. If I don't experience brake fade now, I'm assuming, from what you have said, that I will not notice a difference in performance?

Old 06-22-2008, 09:38 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You spent just has much $$ on one pulley and close to that on a sprint booster. Seems like a no-brainer.

Originally Posted by Voyager
Won't that make you stop faster??

Old 06-22-2008, 09:39 PM

from what ive read on here. people that have replaced the brakes wont notice a shorter stopping distance. but will notice a difference in brake fade. but the holes and slots will also help dissipate heat.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:40 PM

but at least the sprint booster and the pulley will do something. i dont think he will notice a difference in the brakes

Old 06-22-2008, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
You spent just has much $$ on one pulley and close to that on a sprint booster. Seems like a no-brainer.

Won't that make you stop faster??
How did you know that? I removed my mods from my signature.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:42 PM

brianbrave knows all

Old 06-22-2008, 09:56 PM

Haven't tried the cross drilled rotors on this car and won’t, but have them currently on three other cars. They work well, but are mostly unnecessary for the SRT6, especially for a street car. The main downside to drilled rotors is the possibility of stress cracking and loss of braking surface due to the presence of the holes. The brake fade is not as much of an issue today with the better semi metallic pads that don't produce the quantity of gas that made them useful in the day. Most street car buyers of cross drilled rotors are for the looks.

Slotted and vented rotors will relieve the minimal amount of gas produced without causing any reliability issues. Better cost too.

Also, it might be worth looking into Wilwood, as they may make two piece rotors for this car, but not sure. These could be worth while with their lighter weight, (aluminum hub) and replaceable braking surface.

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
I just noticed that Brembo cross-drilled rotors are now available for the SRT6. I'm interested in replacing my stock rotors with these. I searched, and could not find any reviews. And, before I get too far ahead of myself, I will not hit the track. ($505 for rotors with holes seems ridiculous, doesn't it?) I want them because my college buddies with track model 350Zs and Boxter S vehicles already have them. As long as they operate as reliably as stock, I'm happy. My main objective is making everything hassle-free. I have the Disc Italia titanium kevlar pads already.

Has anyone tried these cross-drilled Brembo rotors yet?

Front Rotors:
http://www.brakeworld.com/catalog.as...oc=front&desc=

Rear Rotors:
http://www.brakeworld.com/catalog.as...loc=rear&desc=

Old 06-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the DiscItalia cross drilled and slotted rotors for track days... (road courses) along with the Porterfield R4 compound pads... these are my track only shoes though. Only thing on the rotors I got was that I had them cryo treated.

The R4 compound pads with my rotors stop you so hard you can ALMOST over ride the ABS... you can just keep pressing and pressing that brake pedal down... and no fade at all... boggles the mind.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

i believe its a misprint on brembo's website, ive been in contact with them these past few days and are makign sure they will fit. my guess at this point is they are for the NA's only. ill let ya guys know what i come up with and if i can beat those prices for ya.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
... you can just keep pressing and pressing that brake pedal down... and no fade at all...
Didn't you also replace your brake lines with woven stainless steel lines? I thought someone told me that the main reason for going with woven stainless steel lines was to stop brake pedal fade (as you use or hold your foot on the brakes, the foot pedal continues to depress a little bit further)? Maybe I'm asking about something entirely different?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:44 AM

No, I have yet to replace ANY lines. Only other thing is what's in my signature... brake fluid. This is the other main culprit of brake fade.

When that fluid starts to boil you will get a super spongy pedal... not good.

Motul 600 has been great.

Again, at California Speedway coming off of turn 2 of the NASCAR loop and slowing for turn 3 to dive infield to the road course I had to decelerate from about 120 to 40 in short order... and then plenty of punishment through the road course with no fade at all...

As I said... boggles the mind...

Old 06-30-2008, 07:21 PM

The braided lines don't have anything to do with fade. What they do effect is brake pedal effort by preventing the rubber lines that run from the hard brake lines on the chassis to the calipers from swelling, thus reducing braking force. The braided lines don't swell, thus keeping the effort even.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 PM

ok, i made progress on these today and have good part numbers for the srt6 and na front rotors, can anyone with a na xfire please confirm the rear rotor to be roughly 11" diameter.

Last edited by NeedsWings; 07-18-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
ok, i made progress on these today and have good part numbers for the srt6 and na front rotors, can anyone with a na xfire please confirm the rear rotor to be roughly 11" diameter. i think the na and srt6 have identical rear brakes.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=17511

Post #7

Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Forum Regular

According to the engineer @ StopTech (Centric Parts) who was here on Thursday (17 Jul 08) there are no more foundries that cast rotors in the states anymore. All are made in Germany, Italy, & China. They are then sent here and cut (Slotted, drilled, & drilled + Slotted). Brembo has some of the highest costs with them coming from Italy for the most part.

I am in negotiations in trying to get a StopTech big brake kit (4 piston calipers, 2 pc rotors, pads, SS brake lines, fluid) @ what they call "industry pricing" cause we sell their stuff now. So far what I've seen is around 3,000$ for the kit and Mr. Marshall aid it's somewhere around 1,900$ for me but has to confirm. Helluva lot of markup.

I'll keep you guys informed wof the progress, or lack thereof.

Justin

Old 07-18-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
perfect, thank you

Old 07-18-2008, 01:56 PM

ok, there is NO srt6 option for replacement rotors!!! they show a part number for front replacement rotors but the part does not exist, has never and will most likely never be made.

na xfires, we can get normal, or slotted front rotors and normal rear rotors

there is some good news for the srt6's tho, brembo makes 4 upgrade kits, 3 different front setups including a 6 piston setup, but they are all in the $2700-3800 range

Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 PM

That's pretty funny ... my SRT6 front and rear rotors from DiscItalia work fine ... I can get the part numbers if you guys are interested. Heck I think I still have the original boxes.

Cheers!

EDIT: Sorry, you meant Brembo stuff huh? Brmbo is good, but it's overpriced in my book.

Quick Reply: Anyone Tried SRT6 Brembo Rotors?