CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   camber kit questions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/28820-camber-kit-questions.html)

srt-6novice 10-16-2008 12:38 PM

camber kit questions

when you change out the springs and struts should you insatll a camber kit when running 19 on the ack and 18 on the front.

Fritzauf 10-16-2008 06:38 PM

Re: camber kit questions

It depends on how low you go. I installed the Eibach Pro kit and Koni adjustable dampers (best mod for the $$$). There is a very slight neg rear camber but the tire wear is even across both tires. I have not had any problems and have no need for the camber kit yet. but... You really won't know until you try.

andrew 10-17-2008 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Fritzauf
I installed the Eibach Pro kit and Koni adjustable dampers (best mod for the $$$). There is a very slight neg rear camber but the tire wear is even across both tires. I have not had any problems and have no need for the camber kit yet.

~ ditto...

cmac 10-29-2008 05:23 AM

how far was your rear camber out ? Mine after installing the same combo was at -2 in when its supposed to be -1 1/8 with a 1/2 in tolerance each way.

srt-6novice 10-29-2008 10:51 AM

im unsure, but just wondering if i will need a camber kit

Steve Hellums 10-30-2008 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by srt-6novice
when you change out the springs and struts should you insatll a camber kit when running 19 on the ack and 18 on the front.

I done the camber kits on front & back when I installed the Eibach Pro kit. Here is the post I started back when I done it. Post #39 is the most discriptive of how things turned out. Hope it helps, I'm the only one that done the camber kits that I know of. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=16136

srt-6novice 10-30-2008 07:53 AM

just read the thread (all of it) after all is said and done, are you happy with your decisions. give me a follow up on the after thoughts. thanks for the help

Steve Hellums 10-30-2008 11:48 AM

just read the thread (all of it) after all is said and done, are you happy with your decisions. give me a follow up on the after thoughts. thanks for the help

Over all I'm happy with it. But with the wider wheels and tires I do get a little rub straight up in the fender wells on front, but that has nothing to do with the camber kit. I do believe the springs settled a little on front & back, witch the tech at Eibach said they would not. The reason I had called the tech was because the back of the car did not lower but about a 1/2". I made a set of 1/4" spacer to insert above the front spring cups to help with the light rub when I would hit a big dip in the road and it worked fine at first, but the rub is back thats why I think the springs settled, plus I can tell the back tire's are a little closer to the fender now. I need to check into getting thicker set of spring cups for the front.

srt-6novice 10-30-2008 08:10 PM

what was the name of the part you purchased for the front camber from the dealer. also what is the size of your wheels and tires.

Steve Hellums 10-31-2008 02:38 AM

what was the name of the part you purchased for the front camber from the dealer. also what is the size of your wheels and tires.

The front bolts was called an eccentric camber bolt kit for $14 a side. The front wheels are 18"X8.5 with 245/35/18's tire's and the rear wheels are 19"X9.5 with 285/35/19's, both front & rear wheels were a 35mm offset. I also have 10mm hub centric spacers on front and 20mm's on the rear.

srt-6novice 11-04-2008 07:00 PM

what is the part # for the eccentric camber bolts. i went to the dealership today and told them the name of the part, but it cost me $31.00 each side. was just wondering if i got ripped off or if i ordered the wrong part

Steve Hellums 11-06-2008 03:53 AM

what is the part # for the eccentric camber bolts. i went to the dealership today and told them the name of the part, but it cost me $31.00 each side. was just wondering if i got ripped off or if i ordered the wrong part

I'm at work right now, I done some searching on the net, but couldn't come up with anything. I probably have the bags the bolts came in at home with the OEM bolts in them if you really need the #'s, I've kept all the OEM parts for my car in boxes up stairs in my garage. Did you get 2 or 4 bolts from your dealership? It only requires 1 for each side, the kit included the bolt and 2 washers that have shoulders on them offset to one side.