CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   brake rotors and pads (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/29049-brake-rotors-pads.html)

oledoc2u 10-24-2008 04:12 PM

brake rotors and pads

anyone ever have any dealings with R1Concepts? I am not having very good luck with these guys. Order came in wrong, they are going to send a replacement, but I think they should have over nighted it, since I have my car in the shop, now waiting for new parts...any thoughts

GB'sXFire 10-24-2008 04:28 PM

Re: brake rotors and pads

Are these the drilled/slotted rotors on the 'Bay? I have been searching for these on the 'Bay, and I think that company is like maybe 20 minutes from my house, will at least save shipping, they have "will call". I have to go search now to see if this is the same company. Good luck, hope the parts get to you sooner than later. Also, I would agree the parts should be shipped over night, P1. I know that when my company makes a mistake like that, we always ship FedEx P1.

oledoc2u 10-24-2008 05:17 PM

thanks GB, I thought maybe I was out of line, but this is costing me time and money now that they shipped me 2 left front rotors...didn't notice it until I completely unpacked them...they are going to send me the right one, but at regular shipping time...so I will miss an outing this wknd, and I have the Dragon run coming up with no time to scuff them in...not real happy with them rt now...seem nice to deal with on the phone, but their customer service needs to improve if they want me to purchase again or recommend them...these rotor are drilled only, ceramic pads, new metal lines, Castrol SBF for the higher temps...if this doesn't do what I want, then it is time for a big brake kit...

HRD2MIS 01-07-2010 06:45 AM

Hey anyone had these rotors for more then a year on the xf what the quality and how are they holding up. I have to do this soon as I have bad squeeeeeeeeeellll and they dont appear to have ever been changed in the 65k thats on my car. Thanks for the input and help guys! I would actually like to make the dragon this spring its actually not that far from me in va and some nice and shiney breaks would do me just right!

onewill 01-07-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
anyone ever have any dealings with R1Concepts? I am not having very good luck with these guys. Order came in wrong, they are going to send a replacement, but I think they should have over nighted it, since I have my car in the shop, now waiting for new parts...any thoughts

I've used them in the past and purchased two complete sets for different cars with no problems. Never for the crossfire yet. Let me know how it turns out.

onewill 01-07-2010 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by HRD2MIS
Hey anyone had these rotors for more then a year on the xf what the quality and how are they holding up. I have to do this soon as I have bad squeeeeeeeeeellll and they dont appear to have ever been changed in the 65k thats on my car. Thanks for the input and help guys! I would actually like to make the dragon this spring its actually not that far from me in va and some nice and shiney breaks would do me just right!

They are still on the wife mustang and it's been almost two years. I went through the pads the company sent pretty quick but everything else is fine.