Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

what do you think about those wheels?

Old 11-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think about those wheels?

hi, i'm looking for wheels, and I found those http://fastwheels.ca/component/page,...art/Itemid,62/
and i would like to know what you guys think about those wheels?! My x-f is black. HAve any ideas for black wheels with chrome machined lip?or simply chrome? i have seen the tsw's for my car, but here, (where i live) they are sold almost for 3000 bucks and with the roads we have ( bumpy and full of pot holes) it's not really worth buying such nice rims and almost scrapping them at the end of the summer... Something affordable for 1 or 2 summers... Help please?

Thanks

Old 11-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: what do you think about those wheels?

I like them. BUT you'll be using some rather large spacers to center them back up in the wells.

45/35 (front) 10 mm spacer.

45/22 (rear) 23 mm spacer.

Nice style!

Look here?

http://www.elites-wholesale.com/Shop...l/fp/SFV/32431

http://stores.ebay.com/Eliteswholesale

BTW-they will make any staggered combo you like for the same or lower price.

I went with Stern ST1's see below.

Last edited by maxcichon; 11-18-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Forum Regular

Yes! I think thay will look REALLY nice on a
Black car. Black center chrome lip looks sharp!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

wheel selection can drive you to drink...I almost had to join AA.....good luck....oh, btw, I just stayed stock SRT wheels, couldn't make up my mind in the end....

Old 11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the pics in my gallery. I have the new for 2008 TSW Snetterton, with offsets that were like within 2-3mm. No spacers needed. I think I paid $1600 for new wheels and tires about 2 months ago. I like the fact that the rears have a deeper lip than the fronts. The color is "hyper silver" with polished lip. Looks very simialir to those you listed. Good luck!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by GB'sXFire
Look at the pics in my gallery. I have the new for 2008 TSW Snetterton, with offsets that were like within 2-3mm. No spacers needed. I think I paid $1600 for new wheels and tires about 2 months ago. I like the fact that the rears have a deeper lip than the fronts. The color is "hyper silver" with polished lip. Looks very simialir to those you listed. Good luck!
Very pretty! A beautiful choice.

But cleaning them. Oy vay!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Thumbs up Re: what do you think about those wheels?

thanks everyone for the help and advice! i'm looking on elites wholesale site and this is starting to get interesting

thanks!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

GB's wheels are a lot like my ASA AR-1's and they are not that bad at all to clean. I have a long brush that not only gets the spokes but the back of the wheel as well. No big deal, nice looking wheels GB.

davidjacob - I'm a bit "blacked out" black wheels have never done it for me. Nothing looks better than a black Crossfire with a nice set of chrome wheels. But that's my taste and you are entitled to yours. I know black wheels are the in thing these days and I'm an old fart so ..........
Pat

Last edited by patpur; 11-19-2008 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 AM

OleDoc,

I think we got him hooked!

Now comes the fun part-deciding.

Good luck!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:45 AM

I use a micro fiber towel to wipe off the brake dust, which is usually very liite, before I leave the driveway. Doesn't take long. Never have let the dust build up long enough to be a problem. Some times put a quick spray of "auto detailer" on the wheel before wiping down.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:09 AM

finally, i made my decision, i got those that MAXICHON suggested me, well i mean i found them on the site
http://www.elites-wholesale.com/Shop...id/0/SFV/32431
thanks MAXICHON for the help! in a month in a half, my x-f will have new shoes ! I'll post pics !

thanks everyone for the advice
david

Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 AM

I too considered these wheels, lost many a night sleep over this, as I'm sure you are too. But I didn't go with this wheel for two reasons, first, I read somewhere on the forums, that some people don't want a wheel that looks like a multi peice but isn't, and 2, the bolt holes appear to be a "universal" type pattern, meaning the wheel doesn't look like it was made specifically for our car, beacuse of all the mounting holes. Just something to think about, like I did over and over and over.

In no way do I want to, or mean to disrespect your decison, just some other things to ponder before you pull the trigger. Good luck!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by GB'sXFire
I too considered these wheels, lost many a night sleep over this, as I'm sure you are too. But I didn't go with this wheel for two reasons, first, I read somewhere on the forums, that some people don't want a wheel that looks like a multi peice but isn't, and 2, the bolt holes appear to be a "universal" type pattern, meaning the wheel doesn't look like it was made specifically for our car, beacuse of all the mounting holes. Just something to think about, like I did over and over and over.

In no way do I want to, or mean to disrepect your decison, just some other things to ponder before you pull the trigger. Good luck!
well i don't really mind, i like the looks of it and anyways it's too late but thanks for your opinion.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by davidjacob
well i don't really mind, i like the looks of it and anyways it's too late but thanks for your opinion.
One thing- those are made by Golden Apple Corp and the bore should be 66.56 mm. Not 73.1 mm as stated. Have them check. If you need 73.1 X 66.56 rings, PM me and send me an envelope with $5 and you can have the ones I didn't need!

Nice choice BTW.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
One thing- those are made by Golden Apple Corp and the bore should be 66.56 mm. Not 73.1 mm as stated. Have them check. If you need 73.1 X 66.56 rings, PM me and send me an envelope with $5 and you can have the ones I didn't need!

Nice choice BTW.
oh, well i dont know about that... but i called there and placed an order by phone specifying that the rims were for my car. I'll see when i'll get them in a month in a half or so and give you news about that. Thanks for the info!